5" Display - RA8875 with Arduino Duemilanove

Friends, I bought http://www.buydisplay.com/default/tft-5-inch-lcd-display-module-w-controller-board-serial-i2c-ra8875 5" resistive touch display .

My pin configurations JP1 Duemilanove Pin

1,2 GND 3,4 +5V

5 (/SCS) 10 6 (SDO) 12 7 (SDI) 11 8 (SDO) 13

J8 --> Open (5V mode)

Serial 4 Wire Mode J9, J11, J13, J15 --> Open J10,J12,J14,J16 --> Short

Then i uploaded Adafruit_RA8875 library buildtest code to the Arduino..

also i noted R1,R2,R3 are 0 Ohm not 10K. :(

But there is no any sign at all, in the serial monitor it ways RA8875 not found.

1. Is it okay to remove R1,R2,R3 without adding 10K ( i dont have facility to solder surface mount resistors )
  2. Any one has any idea bout this?

Any help greatly appriciated. Thank you.

Hi, I have the same problem, they sent me the same board as you, there is no way to make that communication takes place, I tested with arduino and arduino due and duemilanove, after sales service is very bad, I have come to tell me that only r2 and r3 are 10k, it seems as if they knew or what they are talking about, because according to its datasheet are r1, r2, r3 = 4 wire spi 10k. Contact a ser, which made ??it work, but tells me to look at some photographs connections in which, just, connections are distinguished. You have managed to make it work? sorry for my English, is a translation. Thank you.

You can do a few checks? because I think the pcb is wrong. Check pins 5 and 6 should not be continuity. Then applied voltage, and verifies that the data pins (5,6,7,8) are at low level. The pcb I have received all pins are high-level, from which voltage is applied and also continuity on pins 5 and 6.

Eastrising ( buydisplay.com ) no longer responds to emails you send from the data incorrect operation, which generates ra8875 surely this faulty chip. I’ve opened a paypal dispute to see what they say about it.