5 Sanguino project with i2c and RF

ok guys ..... i have a arduino uno for a time now ... and i what to do a grater project

5 sanguino - ATMEGA644 2 RF transceiver RFM12b and a I2c connection ad some steppers

ok let me explain how will work

sensors (6 pots)-->sanguino1-->RF emitter >>>> RF receptor--> sanguino2 master ->I2C -> sanguino3,4,5 slaves -> 6 steppers (two for one sanguino) sensors sensors i googled and started to have some questions ok because i just used my arduino uno i dont know

1- the libraies for arduino uno work for sanguino (wire.h, stepper ...) i will need it 2- for i2c conections i can use any two analog pins 3- the mosi miso sck pins from the RFM12B must be connected to the masi .. miso pins of the sanguino ??

I will come with other questions. HOPE NOTTTTT

thenx for the help

1- the libraries for arduino uno work for sanguino (wire.h, stepper ...) i will need it 2- for i2c conections i can use any two analog pins 3- the mosi miso sck pins from the RFM12B must be connected to the masi .. miso pins of the sanguino ??

1- Probably but check. Libraries normally include what boards they support. 2- No. Assuming you are using the built-in hardware you must use the dedicated pins. They are labelled SCL & SDA 3- Yes. You may also need the slave select line. SPI does not have addresses built-in unlike I2C.

I2C & SPI are well documented. Read carefully to avoid problems.

Why do you need all the slave Arduino's? This adds a lot of complexity and debugging headaches.

because 1 slave controll 2 steppers ... and i need a lcd module on each one to tell me the position of each stepper ... and to light some led uff lots of pins ... i had asked those questions before i buy all ... i started to plan ..... what problems do u think i will have generaly?

Do your project in phases. Do not advance until each phase is working. 1. Get a slave to do its job reliably. Initally use simulated inputs. 2. Add master and verify I2C communications. 3. Master commands slave, but keep it simple until it works reliably. 4. Full implementation with one slave if possible. 5. Add more slaves.

Do not try to do everthing at once. Multi-node systems are harder to debug.

ok i'm back with updates ... maybe someone it will use this .... maybe someone is looking for this

first of all thenx joe mcd thenx, allot for your point of view

few days ago a finished my sanguino its my precious :grin:

i had a problem ... arduino uno with isp programmer on it when upload the sketch to sanguino error .... lots and lots of times ... checked double triple checked i was not using file > upload using programmer option pfff :astonished: now is ok

now about i2c connection

first tutorial http://www.instructables.com/id/I2C-between-Arduinos/#step1

ok works

second tutorial ... http://www.bajdi.com/i2c-communication-between-2-arduinos/ http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=10896

it reads A0 and A1 from sanguino sending over i2c to arduino uno where i see it with serial monitor the library ...u cand downlod from the seccond site

ok works

for today that is all .. work timeee i will come with updates