5 way tactile switch

Hi
I was thinking about getting a tactile switch to sostitute a thumb stick in my project, but im concerned that it may be too hard to press. Has anyone ever used one? I was thinking of this

Tactile switches are available in thousands of versions with all sorts of operating forces. Same
goes for microswitches (which commonly levers to allow mechanical advantage to be used too).

amadeok:
Hi
I was thinking about getting a tactile switch to sostitute a thumb stick in my project, but im concerned that it may be too hard to press. Has anyone ever used one? I was thinking of this
5-Way 5 channel Tactile Switch Breakout Dev Module converter Board for Arduino | eBay

I have used those, or similar.

As for what you might mean by 'too hard to press' we can only gues, and it does rather dend on what sort of button you attach.

Buy one, they are inexpensive, and try it out.

I guess a joystick operating a ring of 5 switches has significant leverage if the switches are close together?
Perhaps enough to damage the switches even?

MarkT:
I guess a joystick operating a ring of 5 switches has significant leverage if the switches are close together?
Perhaps enough to damage the switches even?

This is why joysticks that work like that have the molded lever in a matching molded housing that limits it's movement so that it can't be pushed so far it damages the switch.