500 Led An Arduino ? Help!

Hello Dear,

I need 500 Led control on an arduino card. What can I use component ?

Before I designed 200 led use 74HC595 component but now 500 led is too many(~60 - 74HC595)

Also, have you any example this topic ?

• This system help operators in factory line which cable put helping led.(Navigation System)

but now 500 led is much (~60 - 74HC595)

Why is that too many (much?)?

thanx for reply and correction my error.

if I use 74HC595 integrated for 500 led, I have to use (500/8) ~63 piece 74HC595.

Do you have other methods?

Use something like max 7219 for 64 leds.

tnkx sterretje. but i can't find in turkey this component.
Do you have suggest other component ?

Use WS2812b LEDs sometimes called Neopixels. You can get them in 10mm and 5mm packages as well as surface mount.

Thanks "Grumpy_Mike" . I have 500 led at different intervals also I have control any led for example: I need open the 143th , 190th and 430th led. This data send by serial data (C# application) to arduino.

Arduino read all time serial input and when it send data to arduino, arduino open wanted leds.

I hope your understand.
I apologize for my sentence error.

Where do you get your parts in Turkey? Are you allowed to buy from here?

Or from the US?

http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/
MAX7219 daisychainable breakout board
Easily connect up 64 LEDs. Breaks out 2-pins for each LED, connect them up & spread out however you'd like - big display, a globe, etc. No current limit resistors needed.
Kits for board as pictured with all headers, $13.50 to US addresses, includes padded envelope shipping via USPS & paypal fee. Assembled boards available for $25. Larger quantities will ship in a flat rate box.
I used male-female terminated wires & crimp housings to make this little jumper cable to drive the board with SPI transfers. shiftOut and other MAX7219 libraries will also work.

I hope your understand.

Sorry no.

What is "arduino open"?

And is there a question in reply #6?
I don't see how this is relevant to what I said. If you use Neopixels then you can control individual or groups of LEDs.

Grumpy_Mike:
What is "arduino open"?

Probably 'arduino switches on'.

I think, I could not tell you exactly problem.

I want this scenario;

I think, I could not tell you exactly problem.

Then how do you expect me or anyone else to tell you the exact solution?

I want this scenario;

By LED open do you mean LED on or LED off?
What ever geting that is simply a matter of software once you have worked out what hardware you are using.