5050 individual wiring

Hi…i grabbed these on the way out of the store.

They are a 6 pin variety. Does someone know the proper wiring for just 1 of these? Say, into pin 6 on an uno. Been looking on the Internet for hours. Only tutorials for strips and rings.

Have you looked at the product page which the packaging directs you to? https://www.adafruit.com/products/619?&main_page=product_info&products_id=619

It states the pinout and the current requirements.

// Per.

Yes…1000x. You have a chip voltage in, led voltage in, data in, data out, ground, and an unnamed pin.

I have some neopixel sticks, but theyre wired up already with 3 wires…power, ground and data.

Sooooo…how do you wire these?

If you look at the product page, they are NOT neopixels but simply 3 LED's in a single package.

// Per.

Explains why they were only a couple of dollars in bargain bin.

The nerdy guy at the store with the tape on his glasses said they were separate neopixels.

owell. I already have lots of rgb leds that don't require hours of research. I just throw these in the dust collecting area of my electronics box.

sorry for bugging you guys.

Next time, study the documentation. If you had looked at the schematic for the LED it's quite obvious that it's simply 3 LED's and not an active device.

// Per.

ixnax: The nerdy guy at the store with the tape on his glasses said they were separate neopixels.

So take 'em back. Ask for your money. Misrepresentation. At the least they should offer you goods to equal value.

If you look at a neopixel you will see the logic chip inside, sometimes this might look like a black square, but it is the way to spot them.

Neopixel.JPG

Zapro: Next time, study the documentation. If you had looked at the schematic for the LED it's quite obvious that it's simply 3 LED's and not an active device.

// Per.

I was looking at the wrong docs...relax.

PaulRB: So take 'em back. Ask for your money. Misrepresentation. At the least they should offer you goods to equal value.

Meh...its over 20 miles to the store....they were only 2$ in a bargain bin. I have a bunch in the included pic. They're perfect. Have a second lightning cloud going...1st one uses a neopixel stick 8 and some regular white leds and some adafruit diffused slow fade rgb on their own power circuit with an on/off switch.

This next cloud has push button mood lightning modes and a lightning mode.