5v and 3.3v Regulator / LM7805 / LiPo

Hi all,

If possible to get a fast answer and I'm talking only about the Linear transistors I can't use buck converter.

So I need 2 types of linear transistors 5v and 3.3v / 1Ah I found LM7805 5v regulator but here is the question, I need to power up the transistor with a 3.7v lipo probably a 2cell 7v, as I know the transistor will power 5v constantly only if he receiving more than 5v power (6. something v) is there any kind of transistor that is able to power up constant 5v with a 3.7v battery? If yes give me some model names please.

I know few people may suggest me buck converters they work with lower voltages batteries but in my case I can't use them because they have a mini coil that may interference with my circuit transmiter and other components.

Thanks, Domino60.

To lift 3.7V above 5V, you need either a voltage doubler with diodes and capacitors or a coil. Both circuits oscillate, there is no other way.

A capacitive voltage doubler needs an oscillator circuit to drive it (there's more to it than just capacitors & diodes). They are inefficient and you typically get a few milliamps... It can't really supply "power".

If you need to boost the voltage for a power supply, you need and inductor or transformer.

Linear transistors

FYI - It's not a transistor. It's a voltage regulator integrated circuit with many-many transistors (and other components) on a chip inside the package.

To lift 3.7V above 5V, you need either a voltage doubler with diodes and capacitors or a coil. Both circuits oscillate, there is no other way.

oscillator circuit to drive it

Well thanks, looks like i'll need a 2cell lipo and linear regulators 5 and 3.3 I don't have other option :D