5v input 90V 1.4A DC output relay for 1/4hp motor

As the title says, I'm attempting to use an arduino to run that motor. I was using a 28V 10A DC output relay, but the load burnt it out (I think). Anybody know of a suitable replacement?

What motor? What are you powering the Arduino with? What are you powering the relay with? What motor? What motor? What motor?

Crock_Pot_Connoisseur:
As the title says, I’m attempting to use an arduino to run that motor. I was using a 28V 10A DC output relay, but the load burnt it out (I think). Anybody know of a suitable replacement?

Pretty hard to do unless you can tell us why it burned? Did the coil burn? Did the contacts burn? Did you have suitable ARC suppression on the contacts? Did you keep the contacts clean and bright? Did the insulation around the contact burn?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Pretty hard to do unless you can tell us why it burned? Did the coil burn? Did the contacts burn? Did you have suitable ARC suppression on the contacts? Did you keep the contacts clean and bright? Did the insulation around the contact burn?

Paul

The contacts look to be ok, but the relay isn't switching when the signal wire activates it. I'm assuming that means the relay is toast as the working voltage was far above it's rating.

Even though you completely ignored me, I’m going to guess insufficient coil current as a possibility. But who knows, since you have shared nothing useful.

INTP:
What motor? What are you powering the Arduino with? What are you powering the relay with? What motor? What motor? What motor?

Specifically, this motor: M1125070-00 - Leeson M1125070.00 58:1.31RPM.220LBIN.1/8HP.30 .DC GEARMOTORS SUB-FHP.90V.DC.TENV

I'm powering the motor with a Leeson Speedmaster Controller that plugs into a 120V AC outlet, and I was pulling 5V from the arduino to power the relay

I'm a new member, so I have to wait 5 minutes between posting. I wasn't ignoring you

90V motor and used a 28V relay and baffled as to why a failure occurred. Is that right?

What relay? What relay? What relay?

Powering relay from Arduino is never the right way.

Is the relay switching the DC current between the Leeson drive and the motor? Are you using the relay to reverse the motor?
Where does the relay’s coil power come from?