5X10 RGB LED matrix

I'm trying to get a matrix of 50 full color LEDs running and I was wondering what the best option would be to get that many PWM outputs? I have read about mux/demux and the TLC5940, but wasn't sure which would work best. I have only done a few projects with my arduino, one was controlling a RGB LED.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want full control over them? Are you wanting to use a matrix or are you going to wire them yourself?

You can multiplex the TLC5940 but I wouldn't recommend you did much more than a 5 X 4 matrix with any one TLC.

See what I id here:- http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Hardware/Mini_Monome.html

I am trying to make brake lights for my car. I have 2 10X5 RGB LED's. I planned on wiring them in rows and columns. I want to use as little inputs on the arduino as possible, because i would only like to run 2 wires from each light to the board. I want to be able to control every LED individual.

I am trying to make brake lights for my car.

I thought the law was that you were only supposed to show a red light at the rear of a car?

I want to be able to control every LED individual.

Is that on / off control or do you want to dim them, that's what I was getting at.

When I said brake lights I meant tail lights, I want it so I can control like running lights, brake lights, blinkers, hazards, backup lights, and messages like "BACK OFF". If I go to a car show I want to be able to put what ever color or anything on it. So yes I need dim-able so every color would be possible.

So yes I need dim-able so every color would be possible.

It is possible but it is a lot harder. It is difficult to multiplex and dim at the same time, that project I posted does this for a limited number of LEDs.

The problem with multiplexing is that you are flashing the LEDs on and off and so by defination they are dimmer.