6 servo robotic arm drawing cyrcle / square

Hello guys.

I've got a 6 servo robot arm already built up, connected and everything. The only thing i have to do is programming, so I'd like to ask, if anyone was making similar project and has still a source code to draw either a square or a cyrcle. It'd be very apperciated if anyone of you still had it stored up.

Also, do You have any tips for me that I should keep in mind during this project?

Thanks for your help and answer guys.

and has still a source code to draw either a square or a cyrcle.

Using someone else's code would work ONLY if their robot arm lengths were EXACTLY the same as yours. What do you suppose the odds of that are?

What you need to research is "inverse kinematics", so that you can make your robot arm's end effector follow a specific path.

PaulS:
Using someone else's code would work ONLY if their robot arm lengths were EXACTLY the same as yours. What do you suppose the odds of that are?

What you need to research is "inverse kinematics", so that you can make your robot arm's end effector follow a specific path.

If I used someone elses code for drawing a cyrcle and he had different lenght at his code, what would it do? Would the arm do some unexpected stuff or just the cyrcle wouldnt be perfect?

Also, if i'd use someones code, i'd just have to change few coordinates, or?

If I used someone elses code for drawing a cyrcle and he had different lenght at his code, what would it do?

The end effector would not follow the desired path, and most likely wouldn't even be planar.

the cyrcle wouldnt be perfect?

Not even close to perfect.

Also, if i'd use someones code, i'd just have to change few coordinates, or?

Can you currently move your end effector to exact positions (coordinates)? if so, then, yes, you just need to change a few coordinates, to draw the square you want, or a lot of coordinates to draw the circle you want.

If you can't, am I'm guessing you can't, then it is not coordinates that you need to change. It is joint angles (servo positions). And those depend entirely on your robot. THAT is what inverse kinematics is all about.

Joint angles to drive a UR3 are useless for driving a Kuka LBR iiwa, even though both are 6 axis robot arms. They have different joint lengths. While the values would make a UR3 move the end of the end effector in a circle on a plane, they would make the iiwa move the end of the end effector in an elliptical shape on a curved surface.