6 wires stepper motor arduino

Hi,

I am a new to Arduino and I have recently bought a 6 wire stepper motor as well as arduino Mega.

I am looking to build a schematic circuit on a breadboard but that appear advanced to me. I have check online, there are not tutorial with a 6 wire stepper motor connected to arduino.

Would you please draw a schematic so I can mount my stepper motor please?

I am using a Sanyo Denki 24V unipolar hybrid stepper motor.

Thanks in advance.

PS: I am a chemical engineer so everything is quite new to me.

Cross posted in Motors & Mechanics. Cross posting wastes time. Do not cross post. Reported to Moderator.

Other posts DELETED.

Okapi2005 please read the sticky posts at the top of the forum sections

Bob.

ballscrewbob:
Other posts DELETED.

There was a reply from me in the other thread in Robotics. Im all for Mods tidying up, but not to the extent of passing judgement on my reply and zapping it in the process.

But as I was saying... isn't a 6-wire unipolar stepper just a 5-wire one withe the +ves separated?

So I think there are 2x +ve power lines (one for each pair of coils, and which can presumably be hooked to the same power) and 4x control lines?

Can we assume you tried Google but couldn’t think of what to look for? Like “Stepper Motor Arduino”?
That search revealed about a dozen tutorials. This one is probably good for a Chemical Engineer.

You cannot connect the stepper motor directly to the Arduino- you need a driver board.

All sarcasm aside, my wife is a biologist and she knows more about chemistry than I do, and I am a genius. Just ask my parents.

meltDown:
There was a reply from me in the other thread in Robotics. Im all for Mods tidying up, but not to the extent of passing judgement on my reply and zapping it in the process.

Perhaps you'd like to ask the admins for moderator privileges.

There will soon be a vacancy.

@OP if you continue to scatter-gun your question over the forum and even hijack eight year old threads, then I’m afraid you’re going to find yourself on the wrong end of a forum timeout.