61 Key Midi Keyboard to USB

I want to make a very Basic 64 Key Midi Keyboard.
I’m New to this Type of stuff.

Although I understand Most of it.

It’s a 16 Pin Ribbon

Here’s some picture’s of it

I’m just trying to make this a Midi that plug’s in Via USB Not a Midi in & Out

No other buttons or transpose

If possible a pitch bend option

I plan on using a Arduino Uno

2015-03-31 14.05.30.jpg

2015-03-31 14.09.19.jpg

I am not sure why you think those pictures help in any way.

You need to know about the circuit inside that keyboard, only then can you begin to devise a way to read it.

'm just trying to make this a Midi that plug's in Via USB Not a Midi in & Out

You either use a helper translation program in the computer, a good one is called hairless. It translates the serial data to MIDI. Or you can use a Leonardo or Micro and load in a MIDI driver to make things look like MIDI to any program in the computer looking for MIDI.

It's a 16 Pin Ribbon

That's nothing standardized. It could be an 8x8 matrixed connection to the 64 keys. You'll have to figure-out what that is before you can get started.

I have no idea how to make a USB device that's recognized as MIDI by the drivers in your computer. I know there are regular-old MIDI shields (with the original round MIDI connectors and serial interface) for the Arduino and I think I've read about someone making a USB-MIDI interface but I'm not sure.

At one time there was an example to show how to reprogram the USB chip on the UNO to be a midi device, but I could not find it the last time I looked.

KeithRB:
At one time there was an example to show how to reprogram the USB chip on the UNO to be a midi device, but I could not find it the last time I looked.

It's here:-

But it is not simple or easy to work with.