7V servo??

Hi Everyone,

I want to use an Arduino to control 3 to 4 servos that are running at 6.5-7v (somewhere in between, using a adjustable voltage regulator). I want to know what the wiring will be like for that? If required, I can also use the required servo to power the arduino through Vin. I think that by doing that, I can also hook up the servo's ground to arduino ground???

I just need to know how the electrical wiring for this system will be if it is possible. If not, is there any alternative solution (other than running at 5v because i need all the torque the servo can give).

Thank You

Below is the usual way servos are connected to an arduino using an external power supply. Don't try to power your servos from the arduino.

Thank you so much :D So even though the arduino is running at 5v, i can still ground the servo to it with a common ground to the power source? which means that i have to power the servo and arduino off the same power source?

I have a switching voltage regulator that can deliver up to 8v at 3a, so i think i'm good to go in terms of power

tincanman: So even though the arduino is running at 5v, i can still ground the servo to it with a common ground to the power source?

Not only can you, you must.

which means that i have to power the servo and arduino off the same power source?

No, they could be, but can just as plausibly be separate. You just need to connect the grounds.

@Zoomcat , The picture you posted is no longer available? Mind putting it up again?

The attached is basically the same as zk’s acclaimed pic; in fact I based it on his.

servo power.png