8 Channel Relay board Issues[Solved]

So I have a couple of those 8 channel relay boards that seem to be pretty popular, but I'm having an issue. When I turn the relays on and off it opens the NC circuit, but doesn't close the NO circuit. I can't figure out what the issue might be. The light turns on and I can hear it click, but using my multimeter it constantly says its open even while the light is on. I've tried it using just usb power and using a 2A power supply and neither make a difference. If anyone could help me discover the issue I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you.

Hi cmat1120, I have used the dual relay version and had no problems, the only odd thing I found was that some of them need a LOW input to activate the relays. I have a spare and will test it later with the DMM and get back to you..

Regards

Mel.

cmat1120: So I have a couple of those 8 channel relay boards that seem to be pretty popular, but I'm having an issue. When I turn the relays on and off it opens the NC circuit, but doesn't close the NO circuit. I can't figure out what the issue might be. The light turns on and I can hear it click, but using my multimeter it constantly says its open even while the light is on. I've tried it using just usb power and using a 2A power supply and neither make a difference. If anyone could help me discover the issue I'd be extremely grateful. Thank you.

Please stop beginning your question with "so". It irritates.

More information is necessary: Same results with all the boards you have? Same results with each of the relays on an 8-relay board? Does one relay do this when all 8 are actuated? Is it always the same relay? What else is your 2 amp power supply running? Is your 2 amp power supply a 5 volt supply?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB: Please stop beginning your question with "so". It irritates.

More information is necessary: Same results with all the boards you have? Same results with each of the relays on an 8-relay board? Does one relay do this when all 8 are actuated? Is it always the same relay? What else is your 2 amp power supply running? Is your 2 amp power supply a 5 volt supply?

Paul

My apologies Paul. It is a bad habit and I'll do my best to avoid it in the future. As it turns out the problem was just me being stupid and not realizing which connections were which. There wasn't actually any issue at all I was just testing across the wrong connections. and had the relays themselves wired incorrectly.

You might be misinterpreting the terminal designation. For instance if the first terminal was considered COM, then the exact same issue would happen.

This image may help...

dlloyd: You might be misinterpreting the terminal designation. For instance if the first terminal was considered COM, then the exact same issue would happen.

This image may help...

That is exactly what happened. Thank you

cmat1120: My apologies Paul. It is a bad habit and I'll do my best to avoid it in the future. As it turns out the problem was just me being stupid and not realizing which connections were which. There wasn't actually any issue at all I was just testing across the wrong connections. and had the relays themselves wired incorrectly.

That's no problem, here. Seems the rest of the world is developing the habit.

I figured out the relay connections with a single relay board that came with the kit I bought on Ebay. Then went to a two relay board for a work project using an Ardiuno Nano.

Saturday I was working on the LCD display lesson from the kit and could not get it to display. After several hours, I brought my oscilloscope in from the shop and It was no help. No changes to display signals. Then I searched the WWW for answers. Someone wrote to be sure to check the board you had picked to download to. I had to give myself the engineers solute! The last time I had downloaded was to the NANO at work. Changing back to UNO and everything works fine!

Paul

Paul, I was interested to read your profile. I am G6FGO. Oh and it is spelt Amateur radio. ;-)