8 hours delay

Hello everyone, is is possible to make an 8 hours delay, if it is, i guess arduino need to be on all the time i need, which it's about a week, could get my arduino any damage for being on so long time?

If not, how can i do it?

I have a Mega that has been on 24/7 for about 5 months now. Arduinos will run as long as electricity is supplied to them. Your program logic might crash, if it is has bugs. You can make an 8 hour delay with:

delay(8UL * 60 * 60 * 1000);

junitinn: Hello everyone, is is possible to make an 8 hours delay, if it is, i guess arduino need to be on all the time i need, which it's about a week, could get my arduino any damage for being on so long time?

You can run your Arduino 24 hours each day the whole year through without any problem, if you like and if your mains power does not break down.

Many Arduino applications for timer switch, aquarium/terrarium controller, home automation and so are running all the time.

One problem with long-term timing might be, that the 16 MHz clocking of most Arduino boards is not very accurate (inaccuracy 0.4% to 0.8%), so that accurate timing of longer time periods requires an "RTC module" in most cases.