8 Servos

I want to make a "Quadbot" with 8 micro servos on an Arduino Mega. I am not super advanced in the Arduino coding yet. I was wondering if I could use servowrite() to control all of the servos?

sydowspeedo:
I want to make a "Quadbot" with 8 micro servos on an Arduino Mega. I am not super advanced in the Arduino coding yet. I was wondering if I could use servowrite() to control all of the servos?

Yes, but one at a time. You create 8 servo objects in your code so that you can write commands to each one at your pleasure.

I was wondering because it is going to be a really long coding with forward, right, left, and backwards

sydowspeedo:
I was wondering because it is going to be a really long coding with forward, right, left, and backwards

There are ways to 'shorten' the program. Like store servo position data into arrays and have functions that just
access the data when they need to make a move. The more experience you gain in writing code and reading other's code the more
methods (algorithms) you will get exposed to.

Start with simple projects to gain experience, don't pick too complex a project for your introduction to writing your own programs.

I have made many project before just not with 8 servos and I know how to make functions for certain movements. I plan to. I just wanted to clarify that I can use Servowrite() thank you. I plan to use the quadbot kit with microservos.