8MHz ceramic resonator in Arduino Lilypad USB

Folks, by any chance does anyone know the more-a-less exact model (part number) of the 8MHz ceramic resonator that Arduino Lilypad USB uses? What family of resonators does it come from?

Preemptive comment: I'm not looking for workarounds. I can jury-rig things. I know.

Cheers, - Nick

I don't know for sure with that particular board, but a lot of other boards I've seen tend to use Murata resonators.

Murata Ceralock

Ian.

Thank you Ian! Do you know how much built-in capacitance should the resonator have? The Murata ones that you have linked have 33pF. The datasheet for ATmega32U4 mentions that "For ceramic resonators, the capacitor values given by the manufacturer should be used."

[quote author=Nick Alexeev date=1431018834 link=msg=2221962] Thank you Ian! Do you know how much built-in capacitance should the resonator have? The Murata ones that you have linked have 33pF. The datasheet for ATmega32U4 mentions that "For ceramic resonators, the capacitor values given by the manufacturer should be used." [/quote]

Hi Nick,

I'm not sure it matters too much with ceramic resonators. I believe they're designed to work with whatever value they come with. My custom board uses a Murata CSTCE16M0V13C99-R0. This is an Automotive grade 16MHz resonator, and has 15pF capacitors built in. Works fine with an Atmega328P-AU.

As long as you mount the resonator nice and close to the microcontroller, you should be fine. Long PCB tracks can add extra capacitance and upset things.

Ian.