9V battery life with MPU-6050 3-axis Gyroscope and Accelerometer

Anyone know how long a 9V battery will last with the sensor on?

I didn't know 9 V batteries had sensors! :grinning:

Now here's a problem. If you are referring to an Arduino, then it actually runs on 5 V, not 9 V.

And of course a 9 V "PP3" or "smoke alarm battery" will not last long at all running an Arduino UNO or such, and you are just wasting 4 V of the 9 V if you use the on-board regulator.

What i meant was, how long would the 9v battery last with a accelerometer thats always on? Sorry for the miscommunication

As stated,it doesn't run on 9V.
Do you not understand that ?

Do you prefer "I say ole chap, have had a peek at the datasheet for that ?"

What Rasch is pointing out - as I did - in a less than subtle fashion is that your question is vacuous.

OK,

• Which Arduino? Which MPU-6050 module?
  • How are you connecting it?
  • What else will be connected?
  • How do you propose to code it?
  • Where is the circuit schematic?

in a less than subtle fashion i

No sugar coating here. Direct and to the point.

Would you prefer "Excuse me, I was just wondering if you have had a look at the datasheet for that ?"

Your comment was all that flattering if you ask me. ;D

vac·u·ous
/ˈvakyo͞oəs/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
adjective: vacuous

having or showing a lack of thought or intelligence; mindless.

Mildred231:
What i meant was, how long would the 9v battery last with a accelerometer thats always on? Sorry for the miscommunication

How can the forum possible know ?

You have mentioned the MPU-6050, but not what its connected to or what type of '9V battery' you have.

Easiest way to answer your own question is to measure, with a multimeter, what the current consumption of the MPU-6050 and associated components actually is for your circuit, then look up the capacity of your particular battery and do the sums.

MPU-6053-3 DATASHEET

(SEE "Normal Operating Current" on page 14)

What is the mAh rating of PP3 Smoke Alarm battery ?

Assuming 570mAh

MPU-6053-3 Normal Operating Current = 4mA

570/4= 142.5 hours

142.5 hours/24 hours in a day = 5.9375 days.

Got it Mildred ?

I see. May I propose another question?

I am eager to know the voltage input and output of our circuitries because we have actually two circuitries.

One is connected with a HC-05 bluetooth module and the MPU-6050 accelerometer and the Arduino

The other one is connected with another bluetooth module, a DFplayer mini MP3 module and another Arduino Uno?

Both of which has a power source of a 9V battery.

Does anyone know the voltage input and output of the circuitries?

Im sorry i got a lot of questions, it’s just that I am new to electronics and stuff

Buy a multimeter to measure voltage. The cheapest ones at the discount tool store are good enough for 99% of all Arduino projects.

I would but one but i need the information today since we have a Science Investigatory Project right now. Sorry for the inconvenience

read the datasheets

You can read can't you ?

Yes I can read. Sadly i dont have the exact knowledge of understanding the data sheet as I am still in a young grade.

Do post a schematic of your complete setup, otherwise it's guesswork.

Now an educated guess would be that your sensors are connected to your Arduino, and the Arduino is an Uno, that makes the battery life about 5-8 hours and the operating voltage of the Arduino and your sensors 5V.

The first you could have measured by simply leaving on your project over the time that passed since you posted your first question.

The second you could have measured had you or your school had one of the most basic tools required for working with Arduinos: a multimeter. As by now almost 24 hours have passed, since you asked your question, that would have given you or your teacher enough time to go and get one. Really, if your school wants you to work with these things they really should have the proper tools.

That multimeter allows you to measure you the operating voltages and with it you can calculate the life of the battery.

If you don't understand the data sheet, take it to your teacher and ask them for explanation and how to find the information you need in it, that's their job. They should be quite impressed that you manage to come up with a data sheet to begin with.

If you can read then read Reply#7 in this post.
The only that will differ for other devices is the PAGE NUMBER (because it is a DIFFERENT DATASHEET.

Of you can READ then I assume you can write
(although sadly, this post is no proof of that)
See if you can Google "[ device name , spelled EXACYLY] [datasheet]"

Do you think you can do that ?
When you find the datasheet then REREAD
REPLY#7 of this post (because one can assume
that you will have forgotten it already).
Everything you need to know is in that post.
Multimeter ? Are you serious ?
You think the OP can figure out how to measure
current ?
BTW, how old are you , 12 ?

raschemmel:
See if you can Google "[ device name , spelled EXACYLY] [datasheet]"

Oh drôle! :roll_eyes:

Oh drôle!

Well don't forget, the OP is only 12 years old..