9x9x9 LED cube

Just my warped SOH. IIRC you said that one day you will make a cube and now you are and a mighty fine one by the looks

Well, it's MrsCrossRoads doing the actual assembly, not me. Steadier hand and more free time.
I'm just doing the electronics & programming.
It is looking pretty good. Bit of extra cross bracing added that really helped stiffen it up. She'll be home next week to work on it some more.

Do you have a full circuit diagram I could stare at for a bit, "Crossroads?" I don't see it in the thread.

Appreciate your cross post in my other thread.

David

Forum seems to be choking in 837K .png file. email me robert@crossroadsfencing.com

So what is the latest progress on the cube Mrs and Mr Crossroads :slight_smile:

How are those 74AC164 holding up?

I remember us discussing exactly what the data sheet was trying to say about the max current per chip. You were convinced it amounted to 200mA per chip, and I hope you are right, but I still have a doubt in the back of my mind because it was almost written as though they wanted to make it confusing and ambiguous!

I have had cause to look at one or two other data sheets from the 74AC range since, and they all say the same thing.

The cube is sitting on a shelf currently - still 7x9x9. We've been busy sending out hardware and working on projects for others, so not much building going on.
I'll see if I can fire it up this weekend. It was fine last time I used it - the cd74AC164s were not getting hot. I was thinking of adjusting the current limit resistors to let the LEDs shine brighter too.