A car that move to a specific location

Hey,

i am planning to make a smart car that can move to specific locations.

i want to give a car commands through an android mobile app, for example go to house no. 1, and the car go by itself to the specific location.

wich is the best way to do it ?

thanks in advance for the help :slight_smile:

Is this a model car that you are moving around model houses?

Or a real car moving on public streets?

If it is the second, then this is one situation where I can clearly say; If you are asking the question, you cannot do it.

I agree 100% with @vinceherman if it is a car that is big enough to cause injury.

Assuming it is a model car the business of sending data will be quite trivial compared with the business of getting the car to act on the data.

This is not a beginner's project. If, right now, you have no concept of how to create the program then I reckon you need to put the idea to one side and spend 6 or 12 months learning programming and learning how different sensors can be used.

The safety aspects of doing this with a real car are so complex that only businesses like Google and General Motors can afford the research. But if you did not have to worry about safety this is something that might be easier to do at full scale rather than with a model because GPS can be used for positioning a full scale device. I would not be at all surprised if you find it is impractical for a small model - unless you use something like a white line painted on the ground for direction control.

...R

i am using a small car, and i will be using light sensors, thanks for replying

HussainAA:
Hey,

i am planning to make a smart car that can move to specific locations.

i want to give a car commands through an android mobile app, for example go to house no. 1, and the car go by itself to the specific location.

wich is the best way to do it ?

thanks in advance for the help :slight_smile:

I think you have a robotics research project there, not a simple question with a definite answer!

You certainly need to give us a lot more context and detail.

HussainAA:
i am using a small car, and i will be using light sensors, thanks for replying

Small could mean almost anything.

Light sensors could mean anything that’s not heavy.

…you’re welcome.