A customized Arduino Nano breakout board

Hi there,
I need to create a dedicated ‘break-out’ board for the Arduino Nano.

It needs to connect to:

8 digital switch connections - some are two way toggles- some are three way toggles.
4 leds
4 analog pots
1 battery (for purposes of reading the voltage)

I have decided to use screw terminals to connect the various components to a PCB.

One 8 point screw terminal for 5v feed to the digital switches and the analog pots. This would not be enough if all digital switches were two way, but some are three way, and therefore have three connectors, with only one 5v common.

One 8 point screw terminal for Ground to connect the analog pots and the LEDs.

One 8 point screw terminal for the 8 Nano digital switch connections.

One 8 point screw terminal for the Nano digital connections to the four LEDs and the Nano analog connections to the four analog pots.

One 2 point connector to the battery.

The battery gives out a maximum of 16v. I am using a simple two resistor voltage divider to feed the divided voltage into an analog Nano input.

The LEDs are all connected to 5v resistors.

The digital switches are all connected to resistors. I had intended to use 4.7k resistors.

It ends up being quite a complex circuit.
I’ve mapped in in Fritzing, and will order a PCB.

Obviously I don’t want to order PCBs made, and then find I’ve made a stupid mistake.

I think I’ve got it all right, and attach a circuit diagram. I’m afraid the Fritzing schematics are not the cleanest, but I hope it makes sense.

Does anybody see any problems with this?
Am I right to use 4.7k resistors, or would the standard 10k be better?
Can the Arduino Nano handle this many connections?
Will my voltage divider be okay, and not fry the Arduino?

I would be most grateful for any feedback. This is the first time I’ve used the Nano.

Thanks a lot.

Paul

new layou separated_schem.pdf (454 KB)