A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

Dear all,

I have a TTGO T-watch-2020-V1.
Until recently, I was able to upload my programs without problems.
But now, I get this error:

esptool.py v3.1-dev
Serial port /dev/cu.usbserial-0200D10B
Connecting……_____

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header

I have recently updated MAC OS Big Sur to version 11.3. But I do not know whether that has to do with this issue.
I have searched via google and found several solutions, but none of them works.

The current program on the watch is able to send data to the Serial monitor. So the data connection seems OK.

I have tried to lower baud rate to 115200, but that did not help.
I have tried to put a program to my nano IOT and that worked through the same cable setup.

People on the internet suggest to hit the reset button or the enable button. But the watch does not have these buttons.

People on the internet suggest to take GPIO pin 0 low and to solder resistances and capacitors from one pin to another. But my ESP is in the watch and does not have any pins. Soldering on surfuce mounted and very small things seems quite tricky to me.

Do you have any suggestions what I might try???

Kind regards,

Koen.

Hello,
I was in similar situation and to me helped holding down power button during whole uploading. Essentially turning them on and keep holding them in reset state. I hope it will help. I still remeber the sweat when I bricked them 3 hours after delivery. :slight_smile:

Edit: There is also partially hidden button covered by the speaker above usb connector which i belive is reset.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.