a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token

I have this project that has two tabs. The first/main tab is the core of the project and the second tab is a long string of code that does a lot of different things to a lcd display. This error has not come up at all in the making of this project until recently. Nothing has changed in this second tb and I can’t figure out what is causing this error to pop up. I even declared the tab before the void setup, which isn’t required. Much appreciated if this could be solved. I attached the project below in a zip folder.

project1.zip (2.38 KB)

That error usually means you tried to define a function inside another function. Use control-T to autoformat the code and line up all the blocks. That should make the missing brace stick out like a sore thumb.

It was a simple mistake! I forgot to close void loop with a ‘}’
Not sure why that wasn’t the initial error? But since I put that in and removed the “int tab();”
Things have been sort of working. Still some bugs. Thanks

nottoli:
I forgot to close void loop with a '}' Not sure why that wasn't the initial error?

The compiler only points out where you did something that is not allowed. Not ending a function until later is allowed. Declaring a function inside another function is not.
Suggestion: Crank the compiler warnings up to ALL. Then the compiler will do its best to point out the questionable parts of your sketch that are more often mistakes than intended code. Those warnings will often point out logical errors in your design.