A little help for a wireless project UNO - Parts

Hi

I am working on a project that include wireless communication.

I think I will have 2 Uno’s with a esp8266-001 module each.

In my home I have a router (internet) and a QNAP NAS webserver.

I won a the first uno to be a transmitter.

Second uno should be a (moveable within wireless distance from the first uno/router) receiver/transmitter between the Webserver and the first uno.

Is this possible.

Do you have any other solutions, with the router/nas or so on…

Is this possible.

It is possible that that is what you want. It is even possible to do that.

Do you have any other solutions

Do you have any other problems? You have not presented one, yet.

Naturally, it is possible to connect all that stuff together. The only provision there is that the UNO (apart from a miserable 50mA or so at 3.3 volt) is a 5 volt device. The esp8266 series are 3.3 volt devices. What would be good would be a concrete statement of your requirements (already pointed out) like, for example, you want to monitor movement in one room with a passive infred red sensor and publish that information on the internet, so you can monitor activity remotely. Or maybe measure temperature with one node and operate an air conditioner with the other. If you are integrating these wifi capable devices with the internet, you may find HTML / PHP / mySQL knowledge helpful.

apart from a miserable 50mA or so at 3.3 volt

I think it's more like 150mA - the 50mA figure is incorrect, IIRC.

There is such a proliferation of these things, probably with different specs regarding power at 3.3 volt but the official version is 50mA https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno

My favourite, incidentally, is the Freaduino which claims 800 mA at 3.3 volt and selectable 3.3/ 5.0 volt http://www.elecfreaks.com/wiki/index.php?title=Freaduino_UNO

6v6gt:
There is such a proliferation of these things, probably with different specs regarding power at 3.3 volt but the official version is 50mA https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardUno

The official Uno uses a LP2985-33 regulator for the 3.3 V output, which is good for a maximum of 150mA.

I think earlier boards used the 3.3V output of the FTDI chip, which is where the 50mA figure originated.

The Uno uses a LP2985-33 which is a 150mA rated regulator. I suspect the 50mA rating is a carrover from the older Duemilanove's FTDI output as the 3.3V source. One of many things that need cleaning up throughout the website.

8) There you go - posted twice, so it must be true

CrossRoads: 8) There you go - posted twice, so it must be true

OK. OK. I believe you (both). Thanks for clearing that up.

jokerper: I am working on a project that include wireless communication.

I think I will have 2 Uno's with a esp8266-001 module each.

In my home I have a router (internet) and a QNAP NAS webserver.

If all you want is wireless communication there are simpler ways than using WiFi - for example a pair of nRF24L01+ transceivers.

Alternatively, you can use ESP8266s without needing an Arduino.

Tell us about the project and you will get better advice.

...R