a little help more like a lot

i started working on a project which i got of instructables about a year ago http://www.instructables.com/id/iPod-Information-Screen-Rev-2/ but had to give up as had to work on my collage work but am now back on it have been having a lot of problems with the code that i downloaded i have put in code as a Attachment i have put the library in but when i verify i keeps geting this error

iPodInfoSystem_v03:82: error: ‘Bounce’ does not name a type
iPodInfoSystem_v03:83: error: ‘Bounce’ does not name a type
iPodInfoSystem_v03:84: error: ‘Bounce’ does not name a type
iPodInfoSystem_v03:85: error: ‘Bounce’ does not name a type
iPodInfoSystem_v03.ino: In function ‘void loop()’:
iPodInfoSystem_v03:148: error: ‘buttonPower’ was not declared in this scope
iPodInfoSystem_v03:169: error: ‘buttonPlay’ was not declared in this scope
iPodInfoSystem_v03:178: error: ‘buttonForward’ was not declared in this scope
iPodInfoSystem_v03:184: error: ‘buttonBack’ was not declared in this scope

can some one help as a noob at this and am using arduino ide 1.0.5

iPodInfoSystem_v03.ino (10.9 KB)

Have you installed the libraries correctly?

just deleted both libraries and reinstall them steel no luck :( forgot to put the link to the libraries glcd https://code.google.com/p/glcd-arduino/downloads/list and im using glcd v3 as the other one will not work and the ipod iPodSerial https://github.com/finsprings/arduinaap

Did you restart the IDE after installing the libraries?

yes i have restarted it and the pc and steel no luck

Which folder are the libraries installed in ?
Note that a normal Arduino installation has 2 libraries folders and I assume that you have put the folders for the libraries in one or other of them, but which ? What names did you give the folders and what files do they contain ? Are there any folders in the folders ?

Have you tried compiling any of the Bounce examples?

UKHeliBob: Which folder are the libraries installed in ? Note that a normal Arduino installation has 2 libraries folders and I assume that you have put the folders for the libraries in one or other of them, but which ? What names did you give the folders and what files do they contain ? Are there any folders in the folders ?

thay are in rikki/my docouments/arduino/libraries/glcd for the glcd and ipod is in the same place

thay are in rikki/my docouments/arduino/libraries/glcd for the glcd and ipod is in the same place

And the Bounce library ?

UKHeliBob:

And the Bounce library ?

dont look like i have it just look through all the libraries i have and can`t find any reference to it

gust downloaded the bounce2 library but this programe uses the old bounce library :( aney one got a link to the old bounce

your sketch has something like this at the top?

#include <Bounce.h>

search for Bounce.h on your computer…

don’t find it?

try to find: Bounce2.h

if you have Bounce2.h… you can try to modify your sketch to replace:

#include <Bounce.h>

with

#include <Bounce2.h>

done that steel not working but have the bounce2 on my ide now

rikki: done that steel not working

where is Bounce2.h?

what directory?

BulldogLowell:

rikki: done that steel not working

where is Bounce2.h?

what directory?

rikki/my documents/arduino/libraries/bounce2 that were Bounce2.h is

what is the compiler saying now?

rikki/my documents/arduino/libraries/bounce2 that were Bounce2.h is

The folder name and the .h name must match exactly including upper/lowercase

me and my friend have now re-done part off the code but dont no if it right but cant get the advancedRemote.setup(); to work keep getting this error
iPodInfoSystem_v03_redo.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
iPodInfoSystem_v03_redo:154: error: ‘class AdvancedRemote’ has no member named ‘setup’

i have attach the new code in the attachment can someone have a look a tell me what im doing wrong

iPodInfoSystem_v03_redo.ino (10.7 KB)

iPodInfoSystem_v03_redo:154: error: 'class AdvancedRemote' has no member named 'setup'

Have you got any examples of code using AdvancedRemote.setup() ? If not then why do you believe that it exists and should be used ? There is no setup() function in AdvancedRemote.h so it is no surprise that your program will not compile.

It is possible that more than one version of the library exists or that there are two or more different libraries with the same name.