A lot of Processing example, but where for Arduino to upload?

There is a lot of example on how to make an user interface to control arduino. One I find in here http://www.sojamo.de/libraries/oscP5/#examples

But I have no idea how to operate this if I dont know the code to be uploaded to the arduino ????? It makes me sick and confuse to use Processing, but I know it's very important to be good at Processing rather than Visual Basic, where in visual basic I can directly get the user interface, see here: http://www.acraigie.com/programming/default.html

Any help will be very appreciated! :D

but I know it's very important to be good at Processing rather than Visual Basic

Why do you think that? If you don't need cross-platform compatibility, Visual Basic will probably do what you want.

dxw00d:

but I know it's very important to be good at Processing rather than Visual Basic

Why do you think that? If you don't need cross-platform compatibility, Visual Basic will probably do what you want.

what do you mean with cross-platform compatibility? I am interested more to open source actually.

My question is how I know the code for the Arduino to be uploaded to my Arduino UNO according to each example there?

what do you mean with cross-platform compatibility?

Visual Basic is a Windows only development tool. Processing runs on, and targets Windows, OS X and Linux.

The oscP5 library isn't really a good place to start with Processing. You would need to write your own Arduino sketches from scratch. In the Processing IDE, there are example sketches that also contain, inside comments, the Arduino sketch you need.

I am interested more to open source actually.

If, by that, you genuinely mean open source, rather than simply free, then you should look at Processing. If you just want Free software, then Visual Basic Express is available. I don't think they stop serial port access in the Express editions.

The oscP5 library isn't really a good place to start with Processing. You would need to write your own Arduino sketches from scratch. In the Processing IDE, there are example sketches that also contain, inside comments, the Arduino sketch you need.

Yep I got it, that there is comment in Processing IDE example on which Arduino Sketch I need..

But how do I know which Arduino Sketch I need for oscP5 library ? should I start from blank scratch?

The oscP5 library has little to do with Arduino. None of the examples on the oscP5 page are related to the Arduino. Perhaps if you explained what you were actually trying to achieve, we could give more specific help. If you are just trying to create a GUI front-end to an Arduino sketch, then there are some GUI widget libraries available - http://processing.org/reference/libraries/#interface. It would probably be a lot easier in Visual Basic though.

dxw00d: The oscP5 library has little to do with Arduino. None of the examples on the oscP5 page are related to the Arduino. Perhaps if you explained what you were actually trying to achieve, we could give more specific help. If you are just trying to create a GUI front-end to an Arduino sketch, then there are some GUI widget libraries available - http://processing.org/reference/libraries/#interface. It would probably be a lot easier in Visual Basic though.

Hmm, maybe I should make new post to explain about my project so I can get clear ways from all of you. This project is my final project in my university and will be applied in the factory I have my intern now, do you think it is ok to just upload all what I have done (upload the picture, the block diagram) and what I am trying to achieve now? I am afraid because it is final project then it should be a secret...what do you think?

creativen:

dxw00d: The oscP5 library has little to do with Arduino. None of the examples on the oscP5 page are related to the Arduino. Perhaps if you explained what you were actually trying to achieve, we could give more specific help. If you are just trying to create a GUI front-end to an Arduino sketch, then there are some GUI widget libraries available - http://processing.org/reference/libraries/#interface. It would probably be a lot easier in Visual Basic though.

Hmm, maybe I should make new post to explain about my project so I can get clear ways from all of you. This project is my final project in my university and will be applied in the factory I have my intern now, do you think it is ok to just upload all what I have done (upload the picture, the block diagram) and what I am trying to achieve now? I am afraid because it is final project then it should be a secret...what do you think?

Whether or not the work is a secret has more to do with the agreement you have with your school and any third-parties that may be involved (rather than the fact that it is a "final".) If this work is being done for a third-party, you may not own the intellectual property, and therefore you cannot share it except under specific terms.

You can probably talk about generic details of the project as it relates to Arduino, Processing, coding, or electronics.

My advice is to try to get advice on how to solve specific problems, and not try to get replies here to address general solutions you already have in mind.