A noob

Hi, i currently experimenting using RFID (RC552)

So i wanted to create a database to grant access to certain cards. how can i do this? as for now i searched a few codes but it seems to allow one card and the reason i wanted to do a database is that i can make an interface for a registration system and it will automatically update it.

If you edit your Original Post you can change the title to something meaningful and attract the attention of someone who knows the answer to your question. Perhaps "Help with RFID database" ?

How many entries do you want to hold in your database?

...R

What an excellent, informative title for a forum post!

Most certainly accurate! :roll_eyes:

ifaizaslam_:
Hi, i currently experimenting using RFID (RC552)

So i wanted to create a database to grant access to certain cards. how can i do this? as for now i searched a few codes but it seems to allow one card and the reason i wanted to do a database is that i can make an interface for a registration system and it will automatically update it.

You can get away from your 'noob" self description by describing your data base and how it will be structured and accessed.

Paul

OK, I will let you in to the secret. :grinning:

You want miguelbalboa's library MFRC522 installed using the Library Manager in the IDE.

The reference page is here. The actual sketch with which you want to start is under examples/AccessControl.

This allows you to use a "master" card to enable and disable other cards from your access system. The identities are stored in the Arduino EEPROM. It can (and likely should) be modified, but all the basic work is already done for you.