A plane using Coanda effect

Could somebody help me with my code ???
The point is that i want to control the speed of the brushless motor and 2 servos by HC-06 . But i can’t manage to do that at the same time . I mean when the plane is off the ground , if i send serial signal to control servos , brushless motor could stop working and the plane would fall down immediately .
According to my code , i have figure it out how to keep the plane self- balanced and control servos , but i’m still concerned about the motor controled by 2 function speed_up and slow_down which could be interupted when i send the signal to control servos
Thanks a lot

finalcoluuchat.ino (3.15 KB)

Why do you think the motor will suddenly stop working? You use Servo.h to write a value to the ESC. That signal to the motor will be maintained until you write a different value.

Signals you are sending to control the servos have no effect on that.

Steve

Have you seen this shutdown of the motor?

My first guess would be power issues. Can you provide a wiring diagram?

What exactly has your 'project' to do with the Coanda effect ?

Does the plane you have built actually fly, and if so how well ?

To control an RC model plane via Bluetooth seems perverse, so what is the reason for that ?

Conventional radio control systems are well able to control RC planes, are low cost and relaible.

srnet: What exactly has your 'project' to do with the Coanda effect ?

Does the plane you have built actually fly, and if so how well ?

To control an RC model plane via Bluetooth seems perverse, so what is the reason for that ?

Conventional radio control systems are well able to control RC planes, are low cost and relaible.

At 1 channel per control axis, that old tech is wasteful, conflict prone and not so cheap when you want to control more than 2 axes.

The F-4 Phantom uses the effect to put off stall over the wings. When Henri Coanda tried using his ideas on an airplane, the plane caught fire and it's unsure if it left the ground or not.

Will you be releasing compressed air over the wings by any chance? You could change lift that way without moving a control surface or warping the wings which might result in less drag. But you'd need a compressor and may not have a turbojet engine small enough to fit the model.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Have you done any on the ground tests?
Like run the motor and then actuate the other controls while its safely on the ground?

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, Arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

Hi,
A Coanda Effect Drone.
aesir-vtol-uav.jpg
Tom… :slight_smile: