A problem with scope

I am having a problem with scope errors. I am receiving an error:

'serial_debug_print' was not declared in this scope

My application has over 20 functions and this occurred as I added a few functions. I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of functions.

My sketch uses about 37% and the global variables are about 32% so this should not be a problem. The size of the application is growing to length of about 900 lines of code so that should not be too big either.

I don't need help debugging but I am missing some vital info, can any help with a possible limit to the number of functions allowed?

Thanks in advance

but I am missing some vital info,

You’re not the only one

"serial_debug_print"

Where does this stem from?

I am not familiar with this from the normal/core Serial class/lib?

So are you using some 3rd party lib that has this a method/function in it?

Hello Welcome to the Arduino fora.

Before you do anything else please read General guidance And How to use this forum Especially item #7 on posting code.

Thank you.

I don't need help debugging

I rather think that you do

It is going to be impossible to provide help unless you post your full program

I was wondering if there was a limit to the number of functions.

Echoing what @UKHeliBob wrote.

Try auto formatting your code (CTRL-T) and see if your functions magically indent. You may be missing some closing '}' but without seeing your code, only you know for sure.

TheGoodGuy:
Can any help with a possible limit to the number of functions allowed?

The only limit is having enough program memory to hold the resulting code, there is no limit on the number of functions other than that.

There is a limit to the patience of those of us trying to help you if you refuse to provide the information asked for. Of course, you don’t have to provide it, and we don’t have to help.

But what is the limit?

Seven replies already to a "one hit wonder". :astonished:

Just imagine how long the thread might be if the OP were to engage?