A question about connecting a Xbee with a DO sensor

Hi,

We do have questions now when we try to connect a Xbee (series 1) with EZO CKT of a DO sensor from this company (EZO™ Dissolved Oxygen Circuit | Atlas Scientific). We plan to set up our system using one of two options as described in the attached file.

Questions:

1. We are not sure if we can connect them in this way because we are not sure the interface between Xbee and EZO as well as communication modes. The EZO CKT can be connected with Arduino UNO and they provide the code.

What we wanna do based on option 1 is:
When we type 1 in the PC, then Xbee2 will start to ask DO sensor to read data through RX on EZO and the data will be transferred back to Xbee 1 through TX continuously. When type 0, Xbee 2 will stop. For Xbee 2 we need to set it to API mode in XCTU and set pin 2 and 3 as digital out and digital in. We will connect pin 2 with RX and 3 with TX of the EZO CKT.

What I did in the code part is to separate their code (the code for Arduino and EZO CKT) in two parts:
for the coordinator part:
I copied the part corresponding to read date from DO EZO CKT

for the router part:
I copied the part corresponding to trigger EZO CKT to get command from PC to tell DO EZO CKT

1. In option 2, the point is how to connect Xbee 2 with EZO CKT through Arduino 2.

Do you have any suggestion? Or can you share any code if you have already done this? Thanks.

Xbee_DO system.pdf (96.1 KB)

1. We are not sure if we can connect them in this way because we are not sure the interface between Xbee and EZO as well as communication modes. The EZO CKT can be connected with Arduino UNO and they provide the code.

It doesn't matter to the XBee whether to data on its serial I/O pins comes from an Arduino or from some other serial device.

When we type 1 in the PC, then Xbee2 will start to ask DO sensor to read data through RX on EZO and the data will be transferred back to Xbee 1 through TX continuously.

For some definition of continuously, I guess. It will take time to read a value, format a package, send it, and get acknowledgement that the packet was received.

For Xbee 2 we need to set it to API mode in XCTU and set pin 2 and 3 as digital out and digital in. We will connect pin 2 with RX and 3 with TX of the EZO CKT.

You'll be wasting your time. You can only communicate with the sensor using the TX and RX pins on the XBee.