A Question and Answer Device like Alexa

I want to make a device like Alexa, Google assistant, etc. to which we can ask whatever we want through voice input and it should also give answer i.e. the output in voice mode. I want to be it as small as it can. It will be so nice if anybody can help..

Out of interest why do you want to build one ?

It would take several years of effort and cost a fair few millions in development costs.

Alexa and Google assistent are not exactly expensive, given the amount of tecnologhy they include.

So if your considering it what is your electronics and Arduino experience ?

srnet: Out of interest why do you want to build one ?

It would take several years of effort and cost a fair few millions in development costs.

I agree with you that it would be prohibitively complex, but the privacy of one's own system would be attractive.

...R

I want to make a device like Alexa, Google assistant, etc.

These (and Siri) run on powerful servers on the Internet.

Dragon Naturally Speaking runs in a PC or MAC. But that's just voice to text conversion... They can't understand a question or find an answer.

A small microcontroller like the Arduino isn't powerful enough or general-purpose voice recognition. (There is a voice-recognition shield that can understand a few words.)

Robin2: I agree with you that it would be prohibitively complex, but the privacy of one's own system would be attractive.

Possibly.

For those that feel the need for such systems.

But by the time you finished development, you would probably not need it as we all get old eventually.

AbhiBro: I want to make a device like Alexa, Google assistant, etc. to which we can ask whatever we want through voice input and it should also give answer i.e. the output in voice mode. I want to be it as small as it can. It will be so nice if anybody can help..

Don't stop taking your medication! :astonished:

Start with a link to google you should be able to get google voice to use your words to do an internet search do "I'm feeling lucky" then have a text to speech thing, read the first few lines of the result,.

that should get you started. the results would be a lot of fun !

I still have not had one that returned the correct results for the first president of the United States. For some reason they get it wrong every time.

but if you can get those things working, you are part of the way there.

srnet:
But by the time you finished development, you would probably not need it as we all get old eventually.

The only way I could develop a system like that would be with magic. And if I had magic I would not need to wait for my old age. Actually I don’t have to wait for that, anyway. :slight_smile:

…R

Look up two existing programs: Eliza and Wolfram Alpha. First turn them into Arduino sketches, then combine them into one. Add voice recognition and synthesis. You might need to use a Mega for the extra memory.

ChrisTenone:
Look up two existing programs: Eliza and Wolfram Alpha. First turn them into Arduino sketches, then combine them into one. Add voice recognition and synthesis. You might need to use a Mega for the extra memory.

Yes, as I said. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: