a vin-pin and manual of the Arduino

Well first, thanks for nice platform. I got my Arduinos yesterday, I bought two instead of one :wink:

I am correct if I claim that Vin-pin is giving out the same current as external power gives in?
And is there anywhere any proper comprehensive Arduino manual, because I coudn’t find anywhere anywhere explanation for each pins like aref and that vin.
Same goes with analog pins that support I2C and how to use that onboard led L(simple, but theres not a mention of it in arduinos website, atleast I coudn’t find it), also the programming reference is not a complete, example it is missing structs, two or more dimensional arrays etc.
I think that the lack of manuals are common problem in all Open-Source projects and sadly Arduino is not an exception.
Don’t get me wrong, you can have answers all of these questions by lurking a around the web, but there should be a centralized, good and comprehensive manual for a great board. :slight_smile:
And it would pay back(as a money and/or as a new ideas) itself because it would bring new people for adruino for sure.

Okay, this was only my humble opinion…

Your looking for the playground. :)

For the I2C stuff look at the Wire library's page.

Vin is indeed the same as what you plug in to the external power plug. Aref is used to change the reference voltage for ADC conversions. Usually not needed.

Documenting the various individual pins and components of the board is definitely something we need to do a better job of. There's a page for that sort of thing, but it's very incomplete and out-of-date. The Diecimila schematic and Eagle files (available on the Diecimila page) provide some of the information, but you're right, it should be described in words somewhere.

As for the language: I'm of the opinion that we don't necessarily want to include every part of C/C++ in the Arduino language. For example, structs aren't used by any of the Arduino functions, and I'm not sure they're something we need to include. Two-dimensional arrays we should probably document, but I've been avoiding it because they can get complicated.

Are there other things that you thought were missing? It's very helpful to get this kind of feedback, because I've been staring at the documentation for so long that it's hard for me to look at it from the point of view of someone who's new to Arduino.

I added a description of the pins to the board page. It's not perfect, but it's a start. I'm hoping to include some annotated photographs of the various boards that better explain what the other components are (and then describe those in more detail).

Thanks for the answers.

Actually my first post should have divided into two parts; a question and a another part in Bugs & Suggestions -area, but it was great that some "higher level person" got my message.

Are there other things that you thought were missing? It's very helpful to get this kind of feedback, because I've been staring at the documentation for so long that it's hard for me to look at it from the point of view of someone who's new to Arduino.

I don't have anything else on my mind currently, but if I have, I will tell you.