ABC - Arduino Basic Connections

K5CZ: I am not a big fan of paper books, I prefer electronic form, but in this case I made ??an exception and I joined this campaign.

Thanks for mentioning this. He has announced that if he raises $50,000 the book will be 40 pages rather than 25. He is only $1,700 short of reaching this goal with 70 hours to go as at the time I write this.

You can order one copy for $15 with a discount for volume orders. If you haven't placed an order this is a chance to not only get one, but help it to reach 40 pages, which will benefit everyone who has ordered one.

what a superb piece of work I almost feel bad pointing out a small point card 2 (LED clusters) says the LEDs are ON when the input is LOW I think they will be ON when the input is HIGH?

same for the Light bulb

definitely Karma+[lots]

mmcp42: what a superb piece of work I almost feel bad pointing out a small point card 2 (LED clusters) says the LEDs are ON when the input is LOW I think they will be ON when the input is HIGH?

same for the Light bulb

definitely Karma+[lots]

Correct. When the 'output' is set HIGH, the transistor will turn on and the LEDs/lamp will turn on.

[quote author=Nick Gammon link=topic=154549.msg1414176#msg1414176 date=1380792983]

K5CZ: I am not a big fan of paper books, I prefer electronic form, but in this case I made ??an exception and I joined this campaign.

Thanks for mentioning this. He has announced that if he raises $50,000 the book will be 40 pages rather than 25. He is only $1,700 short of reaching this goal with 70 hours to go as at the time I write this.[/quote]

60 hours left and the account reached $ 49,629 ! I believe that goal will be reached and a little exceeded.

The goal of $50,000 seems to be reached, however this is still a chance to get one mailed out in the initial batch.

yup I just ordered two and got the quoted price with delivery October :slight_smile:

Is there any way to still order a copy, totally missed the indiegogo! =(

I got a message from PighiXXX saying he is planning to have more than enough copies printed, so some will be available from resellers once the initial orders are fulfilled. Perhaps he will make a post here explaining how to order one.

Bravo Sir, great work, I’m just looking through it now. Fantastic resource for newbs like me :wink:

I just referred a forum question to Set 1 Card 2, and noticed that the "Connect a Lamp" and "LED clusters" circuits contain an error. They should say, "Lamp/LEDs go ON when pin is set to HIGH"

Can I buy the book yet?

Edit: Clicking the link for Set 1 (http://pgdev.pighixxx.com/ABC/SET/s1.pdf) results in:

Server not found Firefox can't find the server at pgdev.pighixxx.com.

I got:

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Also the one for "connect a lamp?"

How did that slip by everyone? That is page 2 after all.

Sorry guys, I'm moving the site to a faster server. In the coming hours there will be some hitches :grin:

What about Jack’s comment on card 2?

All drawings on the book are correct. As I arrive in Italy I post new drawings on the site

Received 3 copies of the book. GREAT, handy size, stays open to a page!

Yay Alberto!

I too receveid my copy! Great work!

Page one, “Using internal pull-ups”, top example (pin goes high…) is a problem (error) example as you can never get a low no matter if button is pushed or not. Might be confusing to beginners that expect documentation to be perfect. :wink:
http://pgdev.pighixxx.com/ABC/SET/s1.pdf
Lefty

Agreed, although that example doesn't seem to be in the printed book.

Simple index card, http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=210556.0