able to see if client is connected

Hey guys

question

is it possible to print the connected and disconnected status of a clients that connects to the arduino via the wiznet ethernet shield. ? i know the client connected works but i am unable to get it to show disconnected

i know the client connected works but i am unable to get it to show disconnected

If it is not connected, wouldn't that imply that it was disconnected?

yea but thats the problem that does not seem to work

if i use this

if (client.connected()) { lcdl.print("Client connected"); } else lcd.print("No Client connected");

it wil never show no client connected

anybody ?

i havent seen any projects with this working.

I'd recommend looking at the examples for the Ethernet libraries. Find one that does something close to what you want to do and make sure it works. Then start adding/modifying it to do what you want. It's a whole lot easier than rolling your own from scratch.

Jim.

yea thats what ive done but all examples are based on connecting to a remote server not a client connecting to the arduino

the connected status works just fine its just that if u disconnected status just stays connected

I think we need to see more of you're code, then. If you get the "Client connected" message, you should also get the "No Client connected", unless you are trying to get it by connecting to the device.

wel conecting to the arduino's webpage gives me connected. but closing the page does not give me disconnected in any way