About my 4-legged hexapod project.

Hello, if i had this shield on my arduino mega, and i wanted to power 12 pcs. of 9g servo-motors, how much extra volts did i then need to put in the little light-blue box where the screws are? Mega 2560 Sensor Shield V1.0 Expansion Development Board Replace for Arduino for sale online | eBay

4-legged hexapod project.

What is wrong with this picture?

A hexapod missing two legs is pretty clearly 4-legged.

how much extra volts did i then need to put in the little light-blue box where the screws are?

I strongly recommend to use the correct number of Volts.

Since there is no useful information on the EBay page you linked your guess is as good as mine.

Personally I wouldn't have thought that connecting servos to a sensor shield was a good idea anyway. Servo, sensor, completely different things.

Steve

Well, that didn't help me at all... Guess i came to the wrong forum, right? :confused:

If you know of some documentation for that shield then we could answer but the link you pointed to has no useful information. It looks like perhaps the screw terminals are intended supply power but is there something you have to do to use external power from there rather than power from the Arduino. There often is and it doesn't say. And not all sensor shields can handle the current of lots of servos, again it doesn't say. In fact it doesn't mention servos at all.

As jremington already said you don't change the VOLTS because you have a lot of servos. You use exactly the normal voltage, probably 5V for SG90s. You just have to make sure that whatever you're powering it with can supply enough CURRENT. Amps may increase but not Volts.

BTW a hexapod, by definition, has 6 legs. If it had 4 legs it wouldn't be a hexapod, a quadropod maybe.

Steve

BTW a hexapod, by definition, has 6 legs

By definition, it has six feet. Maybe two of the legs have two feet each.

Well the English definitions I read said "A six-legged robot" or "A six-legged arthropod..." but I suppose you can't expect dictionaries to know much about words or their derivation from the Greek ;).

Steve

Guess i came to the wrong forum, right?

Members of just about any forum would have trouble with such a poorly formed question. That is why we are having some fun with it.

Please read and follow the directions in the "How to use this forum" post, at the top of any subforum page.