Hello there, new friends!
My name is Jonathan and I’m a complete beginner. I have an Arduino Duemillanova I bought years ago and haven’t really played with more than once or twice.
I would like to automate my shutters, but they’re not exactly like most shutters you see. They operate using a lever system, which is very very easy to move (not a lot of strength needed). See photos for how the lever-operated blinds work
I would appreciate any help determining what components I need to buy (which servo? “servo controller”? power supply?) and possibly, if you’re feeling generous or want to participate in a fun project, help designing and coding the thing.
- Servo motor will turn to move the lever every morning and let in natural sunlight
- (Optionally), it would be cool to put a pulley system in place to allow the servo to also CLOSE the blinds every evening
- Potentially operated by a timer?
- If cost effective, it would be nice to be able to program it from a web interface
- It would be super cool to be able to connect it to IFTTT so that I can, say, email my blinds to close them!
Any guidance as to which components I’ll need would be extremely helpful. I can probably figure out some of the code, but I’d also LOVE help on that, too.
Thank you so much!