absorption relay in excitement

Hi guys, I wanted to ask a question, but a relay how many mAh consumed in excitement and how to rest? thanks a lot :)

how many mAh consumed in excitement

It depends on what relay you have, typically 100mA but look it up in the data sheet.

how to rest

Remove the voltage from across the coil.

Grumpy_Mike: It depends on what relay you have, typically 100mA but look it up in the data sheet.

... and then multiply by the number of hours you excite it.

The relay is turned on 24 hours a day ! and I think I made ​​the mistake of buying a relay Normally Open ( NO ) and the Arduino to turn off the relay is set by default on high

I hope you are not connecting that relay directly to an Arduino pin.

Is the Operating Voltage of the relay is connected to 5v Arduino because is not correct ? I apologize for the ignorance

dandi98: Is the Operating Voltage of the relay is connected to 5v Arduino because is not correct ? I apologize for the ignorance

That is not what he said. I think you need help translating into English.

then , the power of the relay is 5v from the date of Arduino , the impulse relay set to high default is given by the pin .

, the impulse relay set to high default is given by the pin .

Yes don't do that.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/sik-experiment-guide-for-arduino---v32/experiment-13-using-relays

There are such parts as magnetic latching relays. They only consume power when switching state but otherwise take 0 power to maintain state. They are not usually cheap and usually only for low current loads. Dwight

Relays normally have both N.O. and N.C. contacts. You can avoid energizing the relay all the time by connecting the contacts correctly for the non-energized state.

A latching relay ( like Jameco part # 2133528 ) can latch with a 3 volt signal and has 90 ohms. From an arduino, it can be run with two 60 ohm resistors, two 1K resistors and two NPN transistors. These are rated at 5A and more than 200V. They only cost $1.25 each. Most relays will actuate in less than 10ms. But then, I have no idea what an absorption relay is? Dwight