Accelerometer HELP!

I want a chip a chip fitted with accelerometer, black n white TFT, and USB port programmed and arranged such that the more motion you do the more points you get, and the points will show up in the TFT in form of numeric digits. Further you can transfer these points to your computer.

Can anyone suggest which arduino to buy and how to make this functional?

I want a chip a chip fitted with accelerometer, black n white TFT, and USB port programmed and arranged such that the more motion you do the more points you get, and the points will show up in the TFT in form of numeric digits. Further you can transfer these points to your computer.

Can anyone suggest which arduino to buy and how to make this functional?

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.msg1118325.html#post_etiquette

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.msg1118325.html#post_etiquette

so sorry, newbie :frowning:

I want a chip a chip fitted with accelerometer

What in the world is a “chip a chip”?

typo, its just 'a chip'
and sorry for duplicate posts.

Please suggest.

Which accelerometer? If its 5V then I'd suggest only 5V Arduinos (not Due for instance)

Most accelerometers are I2C, some are analog, all Arduinos have these interfaces.

Hi Mark,

to be honest i have a very little knowledge in electronics, the thing is that i have a concept which i want to be created.
this is what i want - a chip which detects motion and shows up the motion in terms of numeric digits irrespective of direction, say u r holding a chip and move it up ad down once then the display on the chip shows value 1 similarly if u move it 10 times then it shows value 10. The gist is that the more motion u do the higher numbers appear.

Will be glad if u can help me in this, im ready to buy any arduino or required accessory :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Get an Arduino Uno and look around for an accelerometer to suit your needs.

This is not an accelerometer but records movement:

It is cheap and simple to use but does not seem to record magnitude of movement. But you seem to only want to record whether movement has occurred and not how much, so it will probably do.

If you want more detail, go for something like this:

More difficult to code but helpuful links and library are given on page above.
(cheaper version here: http://dx.com/p/gy-521-mpu6050-3-axis-acceleration-gyroscope-6dof-module-blue-154602)

As this is a 3.3 volt device, in this case it would be better to go for a 3.3 volt Arduino to avoid having to mess with level shifters to account for the voltage differences between the two devices.

With regard to the 'chip' counting the number of movements; that is what you have to do with your coding in the Arduino. The devices above will give status of movements in various planes and it is up to you to monitor these and set the threshold of when a change in value in a particular plane(s) constitutes a 'movement' or whether it is to be ignored. These are very sensitive so you will want to filter out small movements.

Thank you so much Lemming!