accelerometer+ lcd

I have Arduino USB Board, HD44780 lcd, MMA7260Q, i am trying to make a simple accelerometer, having the MMA7260Q, display to the lcd, i got the lcd to work and display my static coordinates, am i on the right track? i have the accelerometer connected to the arduino ports 5, 4, 3 = x, y, z. not sue on how to make the MMA7260Q dispaly to the lcd at this point, any help with this will be greatly appreciated, pictures to come.

#include <LCD4Bit.h> 
LCD4Bit lcd = LCD4Bit(2); 
void setup() { 
  lcd.init();
  lcd.cursorTo(0, 0);   //static text
  lcd.printIn("X:");
  lcd.cursorTo(0, 8);
  lcd.printIn("Z:");
  lcd.cursorTo(2, 0); 
  lcd.printIn("Y:"); 
  lcd.cursorTo(2, 8); 
  lcd.printIn("Y:");
}
void loop() {  
  //lcd.clear();

}

I hope the following example helps.

#include <LCD4Bit.h> 
#include <stdio.h>     // for sprintf
LCD4Bit lcd = LCD4Bit(2);

#define ACCEL_X  5           // constants for  analog inputs
#define ACCEL_Y  4
#define ACCEL_Z  3

void setup() {
  lcd.init();
}

// function to convert the given integer to a string representing the decimal value
void displayNumber(int value) {
  char buffer[7];   // must be large enough to hold your longest string including trailing 0 !!!

sprintf(buffer,"%4d",value);   //sprintf links in lots of code, but is convenient for formatting 
  lcd.printIn(buffer);     
}

void loop(){

lcd.cursorTo(0, 0);  
  lcd.printIn("X:");
  displayNumber(analogRead(ACCEL_X));   

// ...  Y and Z axis similar to above, at whatever cursor location is wanted 

delay(100);
}

You may want scale the acceleration values to something meaningful.

The displayNumber routine converts integers to strings and prints them right justified at the current cursor position on the LCD. You can change the formatting (see the c library printf/sprintf documentation) or replace it with itoa or your own int to string routine if code space is critical (this one call to sprintf links in over 2k bytes of code)