Accelerometer that interrupts Arduino depending on measurement

Hi All,

I am working on a project, where my Arduino Nano should register a shock or a tilt change.

I want to power it by a battery, so minimal power consumption is very important.

Is there an accelerometer, which can interrupt and wake up an Arduino, when its measurement changes (gets outside of a specified range) ?

Many thanks for your help!

Is there an accelerometer, which can interrupt and wake up an Arduino, when its measurement changes (gets outside of a specified range) ?

Even the popular MPU6050 is able to do that.

I doubt that the choice of a Nano is ideal for minimal power consumption though.

pylon:
Even the popular MPU6050 is able to do that.

I know that the DMP (Digital Motion Processor) of the MPU6050 can be programmed, but I did not find any manual for it.

How can I program the DMP?

Where can I find a tutorial, assembler or any IDE to program the DMP in a way, that it sends an interrupt to Arduino, if the measurement value gets out of a specified range?

A quick Google search showed this documented example.

pylon:
A quick Google search showed this documented example.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for!

But it seems like in the library there are only functions to enable particular features of the DMP like computing quaternions, interrupting on activity, inactivity, etc.

Finally I am considering purchasing a simpler accelerometer like the Adxl345. You can make it interrupt on every measurement and hand all the other computations (tilt, shock) over to the MCU.