AccelStepper driver compile warning on IDE 1.6.7

I’m in the process of moving some older code to my Arduino 101. I’m using IDE 1.6.7 and cannot roll back to an older version due to the 101. The AccelStepper library is v 1.50 (the latest I could fine).

My goal is to drive some NEMA 23 steppers that pull about 4.5 amps each. I’m using an external driver (an st-4045-a1 if you are interested) per servo that basically gets a direction and a pulse signal from the Arduino. The AccelStepper supported and external driver, which is why I selected that library.

When I include the AccelStepper.h and MultiStepper.h into the sketch, I get the following errors:

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AccelStepper\MultiStepper.cpp: In member function 'boolean MultiStepper::addStepper(AccelStepper&)':

C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AccelStepper\MultiStepper.cpp:19:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]

}

^

Sketch uses 37,037 bytes (18%) of program storage space. Maximum is 196,608 bytes.

Looking at the MultiStepper.cpp file I see that this function is defined as Boolean, but does not return a true if everything is good.

boolean MultiStepper::addStepper(AccelStepper& stepper)
{
    if (_num_steppers >= MULTISTEPPER_MAX_STEPPERS)
	return false; // No room for more
    _steppers[_num_steppers++] = &stepper;
}

By the way, in the 1.0.5 version of the IDE, the code does not give any errors or warnings.

I guess there are three questions:

First, is v1.50 in fact the latest version of the AccelStepper library?
Second, do I really need to fix the warning?
Third, does this look like it will fix it?

boolean MultiStepper::addStepper(AccelStepper& stepper)
{
    if (_num_steppers >= MULTISTEPPER_MAX_STEPPERS)
	(
        return false; // No room for more
        }
    else
        {
        _steppers[_num_steppers++] = &stepper;
       return true;;
         }
}

If interested, the code is a modified version of the MultiStepper.pde example.

// MultiStepper.pde
// -*- mode: C++ -*-
//
// Shows how to multiple simultaneous steppers
// Runs one stepper forwards and backwards, accelerating and decelerating
// at the limits. Runs other steppers at the same time
//
// Copyright (C) 2009 Mike McCauley
// $Id: MultiStepper.pde,v 1.1 2011/01/05 01:51:01 mikem Exp mikem $

#include <AccelStepper.h>
#include <MultiStepper.h>

//[in] interface Number of pins to interface to. 1, 2, 4 or 8 are supported, but it is preferred to use the MotorInterfaceType symbolic names. AccelStepper::DRIVER (1) means a stepper driver (with Step and Direction pins). If an enable line is also needed, call setEnablePin() after construction. You may also invert the pins using setPinsInverted(). AccelStepper::FULL2WIRE (2) means a 2 wire stepper (2 pins required). AccelStepper::FULL3WIRE (3) means a 3 wire stepper, such as HDD spindle (3 pins required). AccelStepper::FULL4WIRE (4) means a 4 wire stepper (4 pins required). AccelStepper::HALF3WIRE (6) means a 3 wire half stepper, such as HDD spindle (3 pins required) AccelStepper::HALF4WIRE (8) means a 4 wire half stepper (4 pins required) Defaults to AccelStepper::FULL4WIRE (4) pins.  
//[in] pin1 Arduino digital pin number for motor pin 1. Defaults to pin 2. For a AccelStepper::DRIVER (interface==1), this is the Step input to the driver. Low to high transition means to step)  
//[in] pin2 Arduino digital pin number for motor pin 2. Defaults to pin 3. For a AccelStepper::DRIVER (interface==1), this is the Direction input the driver. High means forward.  
//[in] pin3 Arduino digital pin number for motor pin 3. Defaults to pin 4.  
//[in] pin4 Arduino digital pin number for motor pin 4. Defaults to pin 5.  
//[in] enable If this is true (the default), enableOutputs() will be called to enable the output pins at construction time. 

// Define some steppers and the pins the will use
AccelStepper stepper1(AccelStepper::DRIVER, 13, 12);; // 13 Step, 12 Dir, 11 Enable (future)
AccelStepper stepper2(AccelStepper::DRIVER, 9, 8); // 10 Step, 9 Dir, 9 Enable (future)
AccelStepper stepper3(AccelStepper::DRIVER, 7, 6); // 7 Step, 6 Dir, 5 Enable (future)

void setup()
{  
    // initialize serial communication at 9600 bits per second:
    while (!Serial);
    Serial.begin(9600);  

stepper1.setMaxSpeed(200.0);
    stepper1.setAcceleration(100.0);
    stepper1.moveTo(24);

stepper2.setMaxSpeed(300.0);
    stepper2.setAcceleration(100.0);
    stepper2.moveTo(1000);

stepper3.setMaxSpeed(200.0);