AccelStepper Library not compiling

Hi,

I'm new to using additional libraries, but trying to run multiple steppers without blocking and using a driver (http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/2134). I downloaded the 1.35 version of the accelstepper library, and pasted it into my libraries folder for Arduino. I'm running Arduino 1.0.5 and I noticed that there was some instructions on adafruit in making the accelstepper library compatible with arduino 1.0

However, I still just can't get anything to compile while using the library, even the accelstepper examples. For instance, when I try to compile the multistepper example, I get the error: no matching function for call to 'AccelStepper::AccelStepper()'

Please help, I have no idea!

In file included from MultiStepper.pde:11: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:70:22: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory In file included from MultiStepper.pde:11: /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:138: error: expected `)' before 'pins' /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:166: error: 'boolean' does not name a type /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:171: error: 'boolean' does not name a type /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:226: error: 'boolean' does not name a type /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:263: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:275: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:281: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:288: error: 'uint8_t' has not been declared /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:301: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:305: error: 'uint8_t' does not name a type MultiStepper:14: error: no matching function for call to 'AccelStepper::AccelStepper()' /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:147: note: candidates are: AccelStepper::AccelStepper(void ()(), void ()()) /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:118: note: AccelStepper::AccelStepper(const AccelStepper&) MultiStepper:15: error: no matching function for call to 'AccelStepper::AccelStepper(int, int, int, int, int)' /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:147: note: candidates are: AccelStepper::AccelStepper(void ()(), void ()()) /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:118: note: AccelStepper::AccelStepper(const AccelStepper&) MultiStepper:16: error: no matching function for call to 'AccelStepper::AccelStepper(int, int, int)' /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:147: note: candidates are: AccelStepper::AccelStepper(void ()(), void ()()) /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:118: note: AccelStepper::AccelStepper(const AccelStepper&) MultiStepper.pde: In function 'void loop()': MultiStepper:38: error: 'class AccelStepper' has no member named 'run' MultiStepper:39: error: 'class AccelStepper' has no member named 'run' MultiStepper:40: error: 'class AccelStepper' has no member named 'run'

/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/libraries/AccelStepper/AccelStepper.h:70:22: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory

Looks like your installation of Arduino 1.0.5 is incomplete (or you are accidentally using an earlier version like 0.22).

Try re-installing.

Reinstalled and now it's compiling no problem! Thanks so much for the help, I was so confused!

hmm, I realized that it stops compiling when I add the Sparkfun hardware files into my arduino. (I'm trying to use the mega pro because I want to run four steppers with some sensors, so I thought that I would need the extra pins.) Starting with a clean version of Arduino worked and even when I select a standard arduino board, it will compile, but it won't compile when I select one of the Sparkfun boards. Sorry to have to ask again, but any ideas about why this would be happening?

rdf12: hmm, I realized that it stops compiling when I add the Sparkfun hardware files into my arduino. (I'm trying to use the mega pro because I want to run four steppers with some sensors, so I thought that I would need the extra pins.) Starting with a clean version of Arduino worked and even when I select a standard arduino board, it will compile, but it won't compile when I select one of the Sparkfun boards. Sorry to have to ask again, but any ideas about why this would be happening?

The board definition files are only needed if you want to use the Wiring IDE instead of the Arduino IDE. Get rid of them.

If you are using the Arduino IDE just select the board "Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK".

And it finally compiles! Thanks so much!