Acceptable Degree of PCB Deflection

I bought this GPIO header kit from Amazon to make my own shields. I have an Arduino BT, and it has a smaller than normal gap between GPIO pins 7 and 8, (3.5mm vs normal 4.5mm)and because of that, I had to slightly bend the pins on the shield I was making. This invariably put some bending force on the Arduino PCB, shown below by measurement.

Normal: 78.64 mm
Deflected: 78.84 mm (being that the top corners of the multilayer PCB are now the boundaries instead of the flat edge)

Is this a safe deflection or will I be at risk of breaking connections inside the PCB?

I'd buy an Arduino Proto Shield or the like, coming with headers lined up to the Arduino layout. Else you risk mechanical woes of every kind, and lost contact over time.

Or if possible, cut the strip in two.

DrDiettrich: I'd buy an Arduino Proto Shield or the like, coming with headers lined up to the Arduino layout. Else you risk mechanical woes of every kind, and lost contact over time.

I found a solution, kinda. Searching about the pin 7,8 spacing problem turned up stuff like this: http://brettbeauregard.com/blog/2009/07/arduino-offset-header/ Of course, as it were, the headers are sold out on SparkFun, but there were people doing DIY offsets on their own. I have the tools to bend it so I can probably just do that.

sterretje: Or if possible, cut the strip in two.

Yeah but then where would I mount it?