access control system

Hi all i have seen so meany projects based around this but non of them work in a way i want or use what i would like to use.

What my thoughts are using a wiegand rfid and pin key pad a 4x20 lcd a arduino (obviously (possibly a mega i think)) a relay a rtc a sd card reader and a door sensor. Basically you can enter a pin or swipe a rfid card/tag and the relay will energize and with the door sensor being open the relay will remain energized till the door is closed (door sensor closed).

How i see it in my head

a log file will be saved to the sd sand formatted if registered time and date name method used pin or rfid if not registered time and date false entry method used pin or rfid the sd card will also be used to store the users if possible

What the lcd will display

When waiting for interaction On the first line in the center -date and time- On the second line in the center -pleas enter your pin- On the third line in the center -or swipe your card- On the fourth -blank- When the lcd will display if pin entered On the first line in the center -date and time- On the second line in the center -pleas enter your pin- On the third line in the center -blank- (will turn blank once a pin has started to be entered) On the fourth line in the -will display a 6 digit pin entered but will be displayed with stars-

If correct pin entered On the first line in the center -date and time- On the second line in the center -access granted- On the third line -welcome (then displays the name that pin is registered to)- On the fourth line -will display the 6 digit pin entered as stars-

If incorrect pin entered On the first line in the center -date and time- On the second line in the center -access not granted- On the third line -sorry pin not found- On the fourth line -will display the 6 digit pin entered as stars- (and flash 3 times)

If a registered card or tag use On the first line in the center -date and time- On the second line in the center -pleas enter your pin- On the third line -or swipe your card- On the fourth -welcome (name registered to the card or tag)-

If a non registered card or tag use On the first line in the center -date and time- On the second line in the center -pleas enter your pin- On the third line -or swipe your card- On the fourth -sorry not found-

how the card/tags and pin work there is 3 classes of rfid card/tags master general and temp if the master card is scanned there will be options displayed like so line 1 -admin options- line 2 -1 add/remove card- line 3 -2 add/remove pin- line 4 -3 full reset- (will require a pin if this option selected)

the general class can onaly open the door

the temp is pin only and a temp pin can always be there but when used for the first time it is only valid for 1 hour then will self erase the lcd will look like this line 1 center -date and time- line 2 center -you are using a temp- line 3 center -pin you have xxmins-(xx mins = the mins the temp pin is valid for) line 4 canter -remaining-

the door sensor/reed switch this will keep the relay energized whilst the door is open and the relay will not denergizer until the door is shut for at least 5 seconds the led will look like this line 1 center -date and time- line 2 center -pleas- line 3 center -close- line 4 center -the door-

What part of all of that do you need help with?

Don't try to do it all at the same time. Develop the project in small pieces.

...R Planning and Implementing a Program

well were i am having difficulty is with the programing

redrobin: well were i am having difficulty is with the programing

RFID, Keypad, LCD, RTC, Card reader, Door sensor, Relay.

Which one did you already code (working) on it's own. Don't try to do it all at once. Leo..

Post what you have tried. If you haven't tried yet, then you are not "having difficulty with the programming". You are having difficulty with how to start programming. Huge difference.

Robin2 tells you how to get started. (Read his link !! It's well worth your time). Start small with getting the Arduino and another component working the way you want. Then work on another component. And another. Once you get them all working, combine them to accomplish your final goal.

i am able to use all individually but finding it hard to program

redrobin: i am able to use all individually but finding it hard to program

You had to "program" in order to use each individually.

The folks here are awesome at what they do. They help people get their code/sketch working properly. So, read Robin2's tutorial. Implement his method. And try. When you get stuck, post your code and ask for help. A lot of it is not that difficult if you put your mind to it.

redrobin: i am able to use all individually but finding it hard to program

Please post the program for any one of the parts that you are able to use.

...R