Access denied on COM

I am new to Arduino Technology

Just purchased a NANO ver 3.0.

Loaded the software 1.6.5 downloaded from this site and installed OK.

When selecting the device in the software there is a section to select programmer under Tools. Which one should I select for the Nano? The Program Default to AVRISP mkII

The Code verify/ compile OK.

When uploading code using UPLOAD to the Nano I got the message "Access to COM6 (in my case) is denied.

How do I rectify it?

The programmer menu should be ignored except when you're burning a bootloader with an external programmer, or programming a board without a bootloader (like most ATTiny's) - tasks which require another device to act as a programmer; when you're doing something like that, you have to select the programmer you're using from that menu.

For normal uploads on boards with bootloader (nano should come with a bootloader installed from the start), it doesn't matter what's selected there.

Access to COM6 denied indicates that you've selected the wrong port (and you've gotten one that's in use, or otherwise unavailable), or something else was already using the port, somehow (???), or you have driver problems.

Does your nano have the FT232 chip, or the CH340G? Whichever one it has, google for drivers for that part number.

AbeZ: I am new to Arduino Technology

Just purchased a NANO ver 3.0.

Loaded the software 1.6.5 downloaded from this site and installed OK.

When selecting the device in the software there is a section to select programmer under Tools. Which one should I select for the Nano? The Program Default to AVRISP mkII

The Code verify/ compile OK.

When uploading code using UPLOAD to the Nano I got the message "Access to COM6 (in my case) is denied.

How do I rectify it?

navigate to Tools look at port,

Select the nano

select sketch\upload

unless you have a little BLUE AVRISP plugged into your USBport and use it's 6pin 2x3x0.100 connection instead of plugging a USB cable directly into the Nano, you don't use 'Upload using programmer'

Chuck.

DrAzzy

Thank you for your advice. I do have the FT232 chip onboard.

Will google and reload the driver