Access the cofig menu after initial set up

Hi All,

Not been playing with my Yun for a while now and am abit foggy about something that is bugging me...

I did a reset on my Yun (Held wlan buttin more than 30 sec)
Used my lap top to log into its own network (192.168.240.1) and got in to the console to reset it to my network all fine and dandy.
Enter my network details, and restart, fine..
Upload blink sketch to test. (Via Wi-Fi). Fine...
But I thought I could re-access the console menu without having to do the whole 30sec reset thing.
I thought I could just enter the Yun IP address in the browser bar and I could access the console...
When I try,.. I get a quick load up of the arduino blue/green page, a 'wait a moment or click here message' and the browser gos white screen and Bad Gateway message..

Can I? or am I mad...

There must be something in the syntax I am missing. I have spent the vening trying to find a referance to it but to no avail.

Any pointers..

Thanks

Liam

Oh yes.
Win XP or Win 7
Firefox or Chrome
Wireless Con to Yun
IDE 1.5.4

Are you trying to use the IP that the Yun received from your router or 192.168.240.1?

After it joins your network the Yun is no longer acting as a access point, you need the IP it received from your network. There are several ways to find this but you probably will be well off to install Bonjour so you can use the arduino.local hostname instead of an IP:

If you want to use the IP, one way to find it is to upload the YunSerialTerminal sketch over USB and run ifconfig, the IP is given in the eth1 or wlan0 section by inet addr: :

root@Arduino:~# ifconfig
eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 90:A2:DA:F9:04:27  
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)
          Interrupt:4 

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback  
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:18 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:18 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0 
          RX bytes:1784 (1.7 KiB)  TX bytes:1784 (1.7 KiB)

wlan0     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 90:A2:DA:F1:04:27  
          inet addr:192.168.2.207  Bcast:192.168.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:268644 errors:0 dropped:261 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:7381 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:32 
          RX bytes:45481894 (43.3 MiB)  TX bytes:1136917 (1.0 MiB)

Would it be possible to use ifconfig and grep in a script to return a string that is the IP address?

Sure, pretty simple, here is a start of an ash script. sed or awk may be useful to strip out the ip address from the noise. I believe sonnyyu posted a python script to do this recently.

root@Arduino:~# ls -l get_ip_addy 
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root            20 Apr  8 07:29 get_ip_addy
root@Arduino:~# cat get_ip_addy 
ifconfig |grep inet
root@Arduino:~# ./get_ip_addy 
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet addr:192.168.2.207  Bcast:192.168.2.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
root@Arduino:~#

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the replys and sorry for the delay in following up your suggestions.. I was desperatly trying to incoporate my yun in to an IOT based project to a deadline so I simply didn't get a chance to return here and examine the responces.

Maybe my initial message left a bit to be desired....

What I to do was access the Yun Console without forcing it in to 'reset access point mode' to be able change things like, the Wi-fi netwrok it is logged in to, without loseing all the previously set up settings. I move my Yun around alot, from home, to work and hackspace so its a real pain to have to hold the wi Lan button for 30seconds, access it as a AP, then enter all the details 'all over again'.

I thought I used to be able to do it in the early days of playing with the Yun, but I could going Gar-ga, with sleep deprevation.

However I did discover a very strange behaviour. The Yun became VERY unreliable trying to access the wi-fi access point. I kept getting bad gateway responces left right and center. I just could not access the console. In the end I had to loadup the serialterminal sketch, access failsafe mode and do a 'factory-reset-anyway'.

So at the moment I am back to square one....

Liam