Access the internet using XBee Series 2

I'd like to know if it's possible to access a server on the internet using XBee series 2 on an arduino.

I need the arduino to be able to make http requests over wi-fi (with POST) to a server (which I can control) and get the response in order to process it (the received data will be instructions to control a robotic arm that is connected to the arduino).

This is for a school project, and the school has these two shields I can use for the project:

Shield A:

Shield B:

I don't know what is the difference between these two shields, neither which one is the most recent version. But the module on the top of each is similar. Seems to be a Series 2. So for now I'm going with Shield A.

I was able to connect it to the computer (through arduino) and read it using XCTU:

Now I don't know how to configure it in order to connect it to the local wi-fi network (it probably has to know the SSID and the authentication method credentials). From my research, between Coordinator, Router and Endpoint, I think Endpoint would be more appropriate, as I only want to connect it to an existing wi-fi router (not XBee). I also don't know if, after connecting it to the router, I will need to somehow implement an HTTP algorithm, so it can communicate with the server (and also maybe IP, TCP, NAT, etc.); and if the arduino (UNO) has enough memory to remember and process all of these protocols.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

The S2 doesn’t use WiFi or support TCP networking.

Check with your supervisor to see if you have been given the correct hardware and project requirements.

mikb55:
The S2 doesn't use WiFi or support TCP networking.

Check with your supervisor to see if you have been given the correct hardware and project requirements.

Ok thank you for the reply.
Do you think the ESP8266 could do it?

benur21:
Ok thank you for the reply.
Do you think the ESP8266 could do it?

Possibly.
It can do WiFi, but there are other things to think about such as voltage, number of pins and shield compatibility. If your supervisor is providing the hardware, then they need to give you something that is compatible with the robotic arm as well as supporting WiFi.