Accessing web address without IP address

Hello, I am totally new to Arduino and glad to find such an active forum.

I am trying to make Arduino that displays webpages on the web. (in plain text format.) For instance, my error log stays in plain text format on my website and can be accessible: http://gon770.com/log.php?code=error

Only thing I need is print the result on the LCD screen using Arduino. However, I found some difficulties.

1. IP address. Most of web service these days do not offer IP address. (since sharing web hosting) Where can I start?
  2. Mac address. Should I just use random one or is there anyway to find the correct MAC address so it does not have any issue later?

3. There are many devices on eBay such as Arduino compatible. Can I use that one instead of one from Arduino?

Thank you so much.

1. IP address. Most of web service these days do not offer IP address. (since sharing web hosting) Where can I start?

They do offer an ip address, but that one ip address is shared between several websites. If you use the domain name for the server, it will get the correct ip. Then you must send a Host with the GET send.

client.write("GET /mypage.com HTTP/1.0\r\nHost: www.mydomain.com\r\n\r\n");

For the second question, you might be able to get away with using a random one or the one set in the code, but with more than one 'duino, it causes more problems.

On the shield box or on a sticker on the shield, you should find the MAC address that you can use.

For the third question...it's a bit hard to say. Some might be compatible with your model, others might not. It's worth asking the seller about compatibility, but do be aware that eBay can be a little hit-and-miss with buying parts.