accident detection and location report

hai,

i want to do my final project using arduino. my title for final project is accident detection and location report. in this project, i'm using two arduino board. the first one with the vehicle unit and another one with the emergency service unit.

hardware use in vehicle unit -arduino uno -digital vibration sensor -lcd keypad shield - gps shield

hardware use in emergency service unit -arduino uno -gsm shield

those two units will send data using rf transmitter and receiver. i'm a little bit confuse how to connect the hardwares with the arduino. can someone help me or give any reference that can i refer to do this project?

A couple of things you need to address (at least in the real world) - power for your board - often, in the vehicles I have seen, when an accident happens and it fires the airbags etc, I have heard it disconnects the batteries. So, you may need to provide backup batteries for your board to allow it to communicate for a period after detecting the accident. You also need to address how you detect an accident - just a vibration sensor will not do it - a rough road etc. would trigger it. You need a better system of looking at the acceleration profiles from sensors to determine the direction and severity of the "accident". Since I have not been able to get a manual for my new truck, I don't know just how it is wired so I can't verify exactly what they do with the electrical - there is a main junction block that stays connected, but I would expect the rest of the electrical system is killed in the case of an accident (as perceived by the truck's system which fires the airbags and can notify Onstar). You need to at least address these issues in the writeup for your project.

Are the two boards always within rf range of each other? What's the gsm shield for? Please explain how you think this will work so people can properly tell you what's wrong.

for two board that i use are in the range of rf. the gsm that i use are for sending the sms to mobile phone. how this project will works as below: there is two part for this project. the first one is vehicle unit that have arduino board, sensor, rf, lcd and gps. when the measure of vibration is more than the value that have setting, then it make the arduino to get the coordinate of the location and send toward the rf. for lcd, it will display the coordinate of the location. the second part is emergency service unit, is the part that consist rf arduino and gsm. the data send from rf at vehicle unit to rf at es unit. then the arduino will pass the message to gsm to deliver the SMS to mobile phone. that how it works.

amira_z16: hai,

i want to do my final project using arduino. my title for final project is accident detection and location report. in this project, i'm using two arduino board. the first one with the vehicle unit and another one with the emergency service unit.

hardware use in vehicle unit -arduino uno -digital vibration sensor -lcd keypad shield - gps shield

hardware use in emergency service unit -arduino uno -gsm shield

those two units will send data using rf transmitter and receiver. i'm a little bit confuse how to connect the hardwares with the arduino. can someone help me or give any reference that can i refer to do this project?

First start by identifying all the hardware - there are no details on any of the hardware - have you chosen any yet? How to connect depends on exactly what they are and what interfaces they use, so details matter.