Accidentally wrote all fuses to 0

Hello, the usb uploader of my atmega2560 was broken so I had to use usbasp to upload my sketches. I have a command that execute avrdude so I just hit "enter" when I execute this script. But today, avrdude gave me some strange output, I didnt read it and just pushed enter, but I shouldn't do this. This output is:

avrdude: verifying ... avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x05ec 0x60 != 0x64 avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude: safemode: lfuse changed! Was 0, and is now ff Would you like this fuse to be changed back? [y/n] y avrdude: safemode: and is now rescued avrdude: safemode: hfuse changed! Was 0, and is now d8 Would you like this fuse to be changed back? [y/n] y avrdude: safemode: and is now rescued avrdude: safemode: efuse changed! Was 0, and is now fd Would you like this fuse to be changed back? [y/n] y

As you can see, the new value of the fuses are now 0 and the board is unusable. I used this calculator (http://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc/) to check what this fuse state means and my conclusion is that I can dump my board and buy another because (need some expensive tools to reprogram fuses).

Those things happens when you dont read the screen :sweat_smile:

I'm not an expert on this area but I prefered to ask you if I'm sadly right or can still do someting. I only have usbasp and ftdi.

Thank you

Just need a 12V supply and a couple of parts so you can drive Reset to 12V and erase everything so you can reburn the fuses as needed with your USB ASP http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=12898

Um. The 2560 is likely to require HV PARALLEL programming, which is not so simple :-(

The process is not the same as at least one that Nick documented? Just more wires to connect - assuming the Mega2560 actually has all the pins broken out, I didn't look.

Never had to unbrick a part myself yet.

Most of the pins are broken out. But XTAL1 is not and PD4, PD5, and PD6 are not. So flying leads should be soldered. I think it would be challenging.

Thank you very much for your anwsers!