Accidentely Wired tft 5" with +5v and Gnd swapped !

Hi,

Got the Buydisplay 5" ER-TFTM050-3 model, and had it working on SPI connected to Arduino. It was working great!

Don't ask me how while rewiring it on my project, had the +5v and gnd wires swapped; i.e. I fed the TFT display gnd wires with +5v and the TFT display +5v pin with gnd.

After discovering my mistake, and wired them properly, the screen would not turn on properly all the time. meaning to say if i reset the arduino multiple times or disconnect and reconnect the power it sometimes works again perfectly.

Have I damaged the screen? definitely something happened, but it still works fine every 10 to 20 trials of on/off; and I have left it for hours on (when i managed to get it to display properly) testing and its fine, when I disconnect it it takes lots of on/off trials to get it working properly again.

Anyone had similar experience, is there an easy fix? something I can try ....

Thanks in advance

rcs2022:
Anyone had similar experience, is there an easy fix? something I can try ....
Thanks in advance

Many, many years ago somebody asked me: "How a damaged transistor works"?. I replied: "I dont know how a damaged one works; barely I can explain you how a good one does". (This is a true story).

(In Spain we have a proverbe that says "white and in a bottle ... milk"!)

I would be thinking on buying a new TFT.

Regards.